AtlanticBeach,NC/Pine Knoll Shores

Jul 14th, 2001, 01:22 PM
michele

AtlanticBeach,NC/Pine Knoll Shores

Has anyone stayed at the Royal Pavillion Resort in Pine Knoll Shores which is just south of Atlantic Beach and north of Emerald Isle? Is it nice?How is the area and beach? Are there any good restaurants around there? Thank you for any info you could give me.

Jul 16th, 2001, 06:56 AM
J

michele,
I haven't stayed at the Royal Pavillion Resort, but I can tell you the Pine Knoll Shores area is very nice. It's been a few years since we stayed at Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle, but we drove through the Pine Knoll area and talked about how nice the area looked.
The Aquarium is around that area & it was worth a visit, especially if you have children.
Hope someone else here can help you out.

Jul 16th, 2001, 08:18 AM
hey

The Royal Pavilion is an older hotel that has gone through multiple names and owners in the 35 years I've known it. In the 1960s, it was the "John (?) Motor Inn" and was one of the nicer hotels along the beach. It was remodeled about five years ago and is probably similar in quality to a Best Western. I have eaten two meals there during a convention and thought the food was good (but, again, that's been several years ago). There are many tasty restaurants within a 15-minute drive, but few are within walking distance. The beach in the Pine Knoll Shores area is a little bit narrower than it used to be (thanks to multiple hurricanes) and a sand replenishment project is in the works.

Jul 26th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Michele

Thank you for the info. We are staying in the newer building that was supposed to have been built just 2 years ago so I hope it is nice. The price was not bad for an ocean front room and it looks nice on the web.(but of course pictures can be deceiving) We will not have kids this trip so probably won't make it to aquarium but glad to hear the area seems safe and nice. Just looking forward to a couple of relaxing days on the beach. If anyone else has any more info about this area,restaurants or hotel; I'd love to hear about it. Again thank you.

Aug 20th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Michele

Just got back from Pine Knoll Shores. It is a very nice beach right down from Atlantic Beach in North Carolina. Highly recommend the Royal Pavillion Resort. We stayed in the new Tower section(would only stay in that part) and had a very large room and balcony. Place was nicely landscaped,very clean and convenient. Beach was not at all crowded. Only complaint was that it is not a very walkable beach as it slants down to shore and the sand never seems very hard packed, so it makes walking a regular workout. Would like to go back though and would definately stay in same hotel again.
Also suggest visiting Beaufort while there. It is a quaint little town on the other side of Morehead City with cute little shops. We really enjoyed the restaurant "THe Channel Marker" on this side of the Moorehead City/Atlantic Beach Bridge too. Hope this info helps anyone interested in this area.