Reload this Page >

Atlanta Airport Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Leone

I'm overnighting by the Atlanta Airport in a few days and would like your advice on a good restaurant within 1-2 miles of the airport. Thanks very much. Ciao

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Debra

Check out Oscars. It is a newer restaurant down near the airport and is supposed to be great. Don't know the number, but call information for it.

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 10:13 AM
L

Thanks, Debra - I took a look - seems just fine for us, and it's not far from our hotel. Will book there .... a meal that must sustain us through a very long international flight the next morning. Thanks, again, and if you even need DC information, please post. Ciao

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 12:25 PM
RB

L: Friends in our cycling group have eaten lunch at Oscar's, and say it's quite good. Here's a mini-review by local restaurant critic John Kessler:

Oscar's
Confident and edgy cooking is executed with rare finesse at this new neighborhood storefront with a stark, swank and spot-on look that evokes the 1930s. If you wonder where to go for fine dining near the airport, this is it. Try the pork shank with rye gnocchi and sauerkraut and the Sardinian flatbread with bresaola and chervil.

Lunch: 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. Dinner: 5:30-11 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 3725 Main St. College Park. 404-766-9688.

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 12:31 PM
J T Kirk

Sounds just like Leone's kind of place!!!
So, Leone, I hope you enjoy my home turf (Atlanta) while you're there. And don't think that using my name will get you very far.

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Leone

Well, thanks, JT, and to all ... and Atlanta used to be my place too. I'm on my way to Africa, via Hartsfield, and needed a decent meal before I turned down the airline food. Beau was only too glad to take my reservation, so we're a "go" for Oscar's. Evidently it's in the heart of College Park, just a stone's throw from the Loop Road and my temporary digs. Ciao to all, and thanks for the help. L