Anyone take a Tauck Vacation before?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where to, how was it? do you think it was a good value compaired to if you had done the trip on your own?
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 05:25 AM

My daughter and son-in-law had used them for a trip to Hawaii, and raved about the service and ease of their trip. I've heard they are 'the best' company to book with, and while you may find others that are cheaper, they will most likely have extra charges along the way. We booked with Trafalgar for part of our New Zealand trip, ended up being farmed off to AAKINGS [or something like that]. While we were happy with the tour, every day there were lists of things to do, all very pricey, none of which had been included in the pkg. With Tauck, there are no extras, and I believe the hotels they chose are a step up from what some others offer. I reserve tours for areas more difficult to get around in, or where I might be intimidated by language barriers.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 05:56 AM

My parents have enjoyed many Tauck vacations without a complaint. They are considered one of the best.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 06:51 AM

Look no further, Tauck tours are superb. We have gone on seven trips with them, both domestic and foreign, and don't have a complaint, they are deluxe first class, all the way.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 06:57 AM

I've taken 3 Tauck tours: Canyonlands, California and...my very favorite the Canadian Rockies with heli-hiking. I always travel as a single and I am never ignored or given the worse room. Matter of fact, I have always gotten better attention than others on the trip.

Superb service. Wonderful deluxe hotels and full choice of the menu. Not a thing to worry about. Do not believe the info that they are only for the 60, 70 and 80 year olds. Many in their 30s , 40s and 50s.

You might pay a bit more with Tauck, but I truly believe that you get what you pay for. Always a fantastic vacation. I wish I had more money in the bank to go on a Tauck trip every few months.

GO ! ! Do not hesitate.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 08:03 AM

We went on a Tauck Tour through Turkey and the Greek Islands. I can not recommend it highly enough. The guide was wonderful - really helpful and well educated. Never had to carry my own suitcase. My husband and I are in our mid-thirties so we were much younger than most of the others but we still enjoyed it. Most of the others were in their sixties. Hotels are better than most tours - "luxury" classification. They broke up the road trips nicely in two hour intervals. We would stop to sight-see or eat. I'm a vegetarian and they were very accomodating.