Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at Chicago Hilton O'hare lately?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Chicago for a wedding Aug 18-21. I have a room booked at Chicago Hilton O'Hare. I got a great deal on priceline. I'm a little disappointed with having to pay $32/day valet parking. ANyway, has anyone stayed there recently? Are the rooms spacious and is the health club nice?
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 04:05 PM

I stayed at the O'Hare Hilton at the end of July for a conference. The rooms are fine - with good views of the airport and runways, and they are very quiet as well.

The health club was fine for my purposes, lots of equipment and free weights, and a small pool.

What was really nice? Taking the elevator down to the lower lobby level, walking 50 yards, and boarding the "El" train for downtown - couldn't be easier!
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 06:22 PM

I liked this place better than most airport hotels -- amazed that it was so hard to hear the air traffic! And it's certainly convenient to the airport -- hope it's as convenient for the wedding.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:05 AM
tmh

$32/day to valet park?? I hope there's a self-park option.

If you're flying into ORD, take the El to the hotel. If the wedding isn't too far away, you can take a cab for less than $96.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:09 AM

Why would she take a cab when the hotel is connected to O'Hare airport? Sounds more like is driving in and just wound up at the airport hotel by chance. But the El connection could be useful - she could park at the Cumberland Ave. Park and Ride for a few bucks and take the El to the airport and hotel. Cumberland is just a couple of miles from O'Hare on the Kennedy expressway to the city.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

I wound up getting this hotel through priceline. I am driving in and will use my car for transportation. The wedding functions are in the suburbs.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 06:23 AM

You could park in the remote parking lot at O'Hare for $13 per day and take the people mover train back to the terminals. The trains run every few minutes and it takes less than 10 minutes to get to any terminal. The Hilton O'Hare is close enough to walk from the terminals, just can't remember which one.

http://www.ohare.com/ohare/parking/parking_economy.shtm

patg's suggestion is slightly cheaper at $10.75 per 24 hours, my suggestion I think is a little closer but could be more time consuming depending on how far away you have to park

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/park.html