Anyone heading to Jacksonville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To see the Patriots, the BEST football team win another Super Bowl?
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Or to see our Eagles whup the Pats' you-know-whats! Makes for a much more interesting trip!
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 10:05 AM

Give someone a chance at the Super bowl. Don't be greedy. I root for my Eagles!!
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

There is no being greedy when it comes to Super Bowls. At least the Eagles can say they finally won a conference championship. Patriots by 20 points.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 05:53 AM

Doc, you wish!!!!! NOT!
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 05:57 AM

My husband snagged a ticket y-day. We couldn't get him home the following Monday - all the flights from JAX to PHL are sold out. So he'll be coming back on Tues.

His company is HQ'd in Boston, and he'll be going down with his boss, who lives in the Boston suburbs. One of them is going to be really happy after the game.

Me, I'm not making any predictions. I would love for my husband to see an Eagles victory, but I've lived in PHL for too long.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Patriot fans don't wish, we just know.

All fun aside, The Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL for 40 years. I'll take this any day and no way I take it for granted.

However, as long as Tom Brady is our QB, there will be no postseason loss. And Belichick will have McNabb seeing double all night.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM

Husband and son (in school in Savannah) going with outrageously priced tickets but worth it to see Patriots win. Husband flying and hoteling for free in Savannah (FF points), renting car and driving to Jacksonville RT on game day.

This is a dream trip for both of them and much has happened in past few years in the world to make us all realize life is short.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 07:37 PM

I don't really like the Patriots even though I live in Mass. Since I started playing Fantasy Football several years ago I have become more of a fan of individual players rather than teams.

If you have tickets to the game than consider yourself lucky to be going to a great sporting event and enjoy the show.

Gambling/Fantasy wise the Eagles don't stand a chance against NE. They will be out-coached. out-played, and the NE defense will make them look bad. They had somewhat of a chance with TO but none without him.

I'm sorry for the state of the NFL but it looks like the PATS will become a dynasty for several years. Not because they are so great, but because every other team is so bad, not only players but management also.

Actually it sonds pretty boring for the next several years as the Pats continue to dominate over mediocre competition.

I was really counting on the Steelers to blow the Patriots away last Sunday as they did during the regular season.

I'm sorry but the Steelers had more of a chance vs. the Pats than the Eagles will. And wouldn't it have been cool to have an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl?

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 06:15 AM

The best thing about being a sports fan is that you can say all kinds of dumb outrageous things and it doesn't mean a darn thing. Nothing we fans say or do has any effect on the game. The game itself is irrelevant other than as entertainment.We can boast and brag all we want. We can enjoy the vicarious victories and hurt like hell when we lose. As a Pats/Red Sox fan I know a lot about the latter and now a little more about the former. So here goes...

The Pats are going to make the Eagles wish they stayed home. Nobody can out-perform the Pats, nobody can out-coach the Pats. Donavan McNabb is going to need his mommy making him soup at the end of the game. Just like Pittsburgh needed all those yellow hankies to cry into.

Whew.. got that out of my system. I will now return to my real life as a professional, rational, courteous person.