Reload this Page >

Anyone have a favorite airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Frank

I really love Chicago's O'Hare international airport.

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:30 AM
CF

I love O'Hare too. I like the music and the lights that play in time to the music in the underground passageways that connect the terminals. I also like the way the gate numbers are hanging so you can actually see where you are and how much farther you have to go.

I also like Harts Field. It is laid out so logically that every airport should be like that.

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Lorraine

Heathrow in London- great duty free shopping.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Paul

PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL - quiet, comfortable, small, clean, nice furnishings and decor - my favorite.

LAS VEGAS - Exciting, interesting, good shopping, slots, and great people-watching to pass the time.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Sarah

CF never forget being landing in O'Hare standing on one of those moving walkways, lazar light above and surround sound of new age music, very surreal.

But Heathrow can't beat that duty free!!! National airport in Washington D.C is another great find. …So convenient to the city.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:26 AM
sandy

Charlotte. Clean, spacious, great shopping and dining choices, and the people are sooo friendly.

Also . . . Providence. Can't beat having a Tito's Taco while waiting for your plane.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Cammie

If we're being serious - Key West. You gotta love an airport where you can watch your bag from the time it's unloaded til it gets to the baggage claim. Also, only having two gates is another plus!
Now I want to go back!

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Dan

Well I must say I'm shocked to see my regular airport, O'Hare, listed as a favorite. Although I also like the laser light show as you're on the walkway in the United terminal. I remember when it first opened the music played was pretty eerie organ music. It was actually freaking people out, especially those who were afraid of flying. I guess it had a death march feel to it.

As for my favorite airports. Give me the new easy in and out places. Providence rather than Boston, Milwaukee instead of O'Hare etc.

BTW, because of the decrease in air traffic, Ohare has closed it's cheapest economy lot - I believe Lot F. The cheapest parking at O'Hare is now something Like $13.50 a day.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:37 AM
karen

Pittsburgh International is very attractive and user-friendly.

Karen

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Chris

Albquerque you can sit and watch the sunset over the mountains. Wide open spaces like you just don't see in other airports. If you are not from the South West it is also fun to meander through the SW trinkets and foods.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Rick

Meet George Jetson at LAX and Dulles Airports love the roofs and tall glass windows.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:53 AM
x

Tampa and John Wayne, both easy in and easy out, even with rental car.

Old May 20th, 2002, 05:58 AM
ddd

x John Wayne? Is that an airport in Texas?

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Susan

In the United States, I'd definitely say ORLANDO

It has a sort of people mover that will take you to the car rental place. The people mover is glass enclosed, and while it glides across the airport, their are Palm Trees enclosing it all. Very Very Beautiful!!

In the Caribbean it would be ARUBA

Part of their terminal is outside where you can feel the breeze and see the Palm Trees...I just love it!!

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Trish

VEGAS

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:35 AM
XXX

Tampa airport

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:36 AM
sandy

Tampa is a beautiful airport as is West Palm Beach.

Least favorite- Boston's Logan Airport

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:39 AM
xx

Key West........very quirky little airport.

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Statia

I don't particularly like any airport, especially the busy, major ones.

However, I have to admit that I like any airport that I'm arriving in for a vacation! I guess that's a given.

Old May 20th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Rich

I'll put in another vote for McCarran at Las Vegas...the new terminal, at least (the one American uses). Big, open feeling, clean, well maintained, great views of the mountains and city. I especially like the area at the bottom of the escalators as you're approaching the tram to the main terminal (the desert animals in particular are cool) and the steel palm trees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -