Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone done the Tour past the Movie stars homes in Beverly Hills? Was it worth doing?

Search

Anyone done the Tour past the Movie stars homes in Beverly Hills? Was it worth doing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Margo

Am wondering about taking a tour past the homes of movie stars in Beverly Hills. Can the homes be seen, or are there tall fences and trees? Which company is the best at this?

Also am interested in moderatly priced hotel or motel in the area. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:51 AM
star

The short answer is: no, it's not worth it. Although, I'm a firm believer in "to each his own."

You'll ride past several homes and former homes of the stars in BH, but the emphasis is on "former" such as Lucille Ball and James Stewart. Most of the big stars today live in walled complexes in Malibu.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Merilee

Margo, for budget accomodations ($60.00-$100.00 per night) look into The Days Inn at 5410 Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood...it's owned and run by a nice family who keep it clean and well maintained...there's a pool and free continental breakfast (cereal, rolls, danish, coffee, tea, juice)...there's also free parking...it's adjacent to a 24 hour coffee shop...it's about a one mile walk to the Los Feliz section of LA, which is very nice...in the other direction you can walk to Mann's Chinese Theater, the new Kodak Theater, etc....I have friends who stayed there and they said they never felt unsafe and that there was always someone at the front desk and walking around checking on things...there's also an affordabel Best Western on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood, a Travelodge at 7051 Sunset Blvd. and a Econolodge at 777 N. Vine...I stayed at the Hotel Sofitel and I liked it...I was able to get an internet rate of $150.00...I never took the movie star homes tour, but I have driven through the area and many of the homes are hidden behind fences and trees with signs out front that read Armed Response...you can see Lucille Ball's house and a few others in that area easily from the street...you can buy maps from various vendors along Sunset Blvd. which will help lead to the right streets, but many of the people have moved or are no longer alive.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Merilee

That's affordable.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:10 AM
r

i got the wyndham belage on priceline for 100 dollars.