Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Marco Island? Naples FL??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:49 AM
TiaMarie

Did you enjoy your trip? Any must-do's? Would you recommend any beaches, restaurants, etc??
Thanks in advance for your kind help!!
TT

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 12:10 PM
Suzi

Naples is wonderful - the beaches are lovely, nice fine sand and a great pier. Go to old naples and walk around - lots of good shops and wonderful restaurants. Too many good ones to name, just take a look at the menus that are posted outside. Never been to Marco but Sanibel island is nice. Good beaches and shells. Have fun.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 12:23 PM
Diane

TiaMarie,

I lived in Naples for 2 years(1997-1999) and go back there every year at least once. Naples has the cleanest beaches I have ever seen and very friendly people. I would check out Lowdermilk Park Beach & Vanderbilt beach. Be sure to walk down 5th Avenue and check out all the shops as well as fine dining establishments. Also, checkout Tommy Bahama's Resteraunt/Tiki Bar on 3rd Avenue. Take a drive down Gulfshore Blvd and look a the Million dollar homes. Check out the Naples Pier. Try Cararaba's for good Italian right off of US41. Go to the Snook Inn (www.snookinn.com) on Marco Island and check out Tigertail beach on Marco. If you have time drive to the National parks in the Everglades and take a tour. You will learn lots about the Everglades and see many gators. Check out www.naplesnews.com for the daily newspaper online. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 04:30 PM
Marco

None has recommended our favorite restaurants at Marco Island, so here is our favorite places to dine if you decide to go to Marco Island. The beaches are perfect, where ever you stay, Raddison Resort, Marriott Resort or a timeshare etc.

Little Bar on Goodlands, about 10 minutes - great Snapper - Sundays is a great time!

Stan's - next door to Little Bar - also great Snapper!

Kretch's - Seafood

Marriott Voyager -

Snook Inn - Fri or Sat Night

Breakfast Plus on Collier in a mall - The menu is unbelievable!

Blackwater Nick's - Pelican Bend - Isle of Capri

Joey's Pizza - maybe in new place now.

Sand Bar - Fried Grouper Sandwich

Pelican Bend - Isle of Capri

There is a German restaurant across the street from the Hilton which is reasonable and very good. I think it's
called Konrads - Bavarian Inn or Old Marco Inn!

Susie's is also a great place for breakfast

Arturo's - Italian

Cafe De Marco - Seafood

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:59 PM
Kathy

Just returned from a 2 week vacation on Marco Island stayed at the South Seas tower it was older and things needed repaired. beach was nice but had to walk along way. we ate at the snook inn and it was terrible long line possible got it on an off night. Ate at the Marriot also was nice but $$$. we had kids age 5 and 6 tiger tail beach was nice for kids and play area with bathroom. Just kinda disappointed in a couple of things. ran into lots of rude anrgy people. stayed in fort myers beach gullwing last year much more friendly. went to clam pass in napples very nice beach . good luck.