Anyone been to Beachcomber's

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:12 AM
SueOz

Anyone been to Beachcomber's

A friend found Beachcomber's - a restaurant with entertainment in Wellfleet on Cape Cod - on the web. Anyone been?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:29 AM
zootsi

I have been in it, never ate there. One of the few beachfront clubs in this part of the cape. It is on a low bluff overlooking the ocean. It is geared to the college crowd, with live music most nights. It looks like it might get a little crazy at times.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Nikki

I've been there for the music twice when someone I enjoy hearing was playing there. My daughter is in college, so I'm not exactly college age myself, there were plenty of people my age. It probably just depends on the act.

Great location right on the ocean, which is very unusual on that part of the Cape. A very fun evening out.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Dr. Head

If you are staying in Wellfleet, it is pretty much the night life after dark. P'town is about a 15-20 min. drive up the cape.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Mark

Hi, I go there many times a Summer. Here's the perfect Beachcomber day: Get there before 10-10:30 to get a parking space. Pay $10 to park but they give you a $10 credit on food and drink. Go down steep hill to the beach to the beach. Spend your day at the beach. At 3ish head back up to the Beachcomber for raw seafood and frozen drinks (or whatever your thing is) and eventually some dinner. On weekend afternoons and daily evenings they have music. Its mostly frequented by the 25-35 age groups and they often do not allow children. The dinners are decent but you really don't go there for the dinners - you go for the atmosphere, the music, the drinks, the raw bar.
Checkout their website:
http://www.thebeachcomber.com/

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:06 AM
o2paint

We love The Beachcomber! I even have their webcam bookmarked so I can check the beach everyday. We stay in N Truro for a week every summer and we can't go home without a trip for dinner at the Beachcomber and a heart pounding trip down and then up again from the beach!