Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any must sees between Lincoln, Nebraska & Cheyenne, WY.??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:40 AM
Cali

We will be traveling on I-80 between Lincoln, Nebraska and Cheyenne, Wyoming in Oct. and would appreciate any recommendations on what to see and ay special places to eat. Thanks for the help!

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 04:02 AM
Paul Rabe

No "must-see", but, if you're interested in collections of antiques, Harold Warp's Pioneer Village is a HUGE museum of such stuff. It takes a half day to see it all. If you're not interested in that stuff, just put in your music tapes and try to stay awake.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 05:58 AM
ellen griswold

Maybe not any "must-sees"...however about 45 minutes North of I 80 is Scots Bluff National Monument. Our history buff ds was thrilled - and it was a good lunch break...Lincoln has a nice hotel, The Cornhusker, and some unique shopping....Cheyenne was a fun cowboy town - a huge Levi store and you can get "up close and personal" with Union Pacific! (another ds fave)...the Hitching Post Best Western in Cheyenne was nice.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 06:26 AM
ellen again

OOPS ~ Cheyenne has a huge WRANGLER store, not Levi. Sorry!

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Cali

Thanks so much for the recommendations. We enjoy seeing anything so will listen to your advice. Beats a long boring trip anytime. Thanks again!