Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any hotel recommendations in the Mission Bay or Mission Beach Area in San Diego?

Search

Any hotel recommendations in the Mission Bay or Mission Beach Area in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Joan

My family (including our 12 and 8 year old) will be traveling to San Diego in June and would like recommendations for a hotel in the Mission Bay or Mission Beach area. We would like to keep to a moderately priced hotel on or close to the beach. Would anyone recommend the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/Sea World?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:47 PM
David

Joan, I've stayed at this hotel. Hotel
is pretty standard holiday inn. Rooms
are average. Located about 5 miles from
mission beach. There is a Bakers Square
restaurant on the premises. (good break
fast) I stayed at the Catamaran Resort
last year $150 a night right on the bay.

All hotels around Mission Beach will
be around $100. a night for the summer.
You should book now, hotel availability
is scarce June,July to mid Aug.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 10:29 PM
Pam

Joan
My husband and I and our 18 year old daughter just stayed there two weeks ago. We stayed in a suite and it was clean, comfortable and affordable. We booked on-line. We were with a large group all who stayed there and I didn't hear of any complaints. What I was most impressed with was the hotel staff. They were very helpful and friendly. The restaurant on the premises had great food & pies too. We were there for 3 days. It was my favorite of the hotels we stayed at while we were in Calf. for 10 days staying in a different hotel everynight after that.Its location was convenient to the places we visited too. Have a great time in San Diego. P.S. The streets weren't clearly marked so we got lost alot.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 05:33 AM
paul

The Catamaran is a good choice. A sister hotel is the Bahia and that is less expensive. They have a website. One of my favorites on Mission Bay is the Mission Bay Hilton centrally located off of I-5 and directly on the Bay. It is adjacent to a park for children to play. It may be more expensive than you want however.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:03 AM
gail

While the Bahia is o.k., the children will probably be happier with the beach and activities at the Catamaran.There is a paddlewheeler that tours the harbor area between.There are many opportunities to rent boats and participate in water activities since it is on a nice stretch of straight beach.