Reload this Page >

Any all-inclusive packages in US?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2000, 10:37 AM
Marco

Why are there no all-inclusive packages (hotel, air, meals, activities, etc.) in the US?

Old Jul 6th, 2000, 06:05 PM
Rhonda

I have no idea why this trend hasn't caught on here yet. There is a resort in GA that includes all meals-- the Cloister at Sea Island. And there is a place in South Carolina that has a meal plan available but I've forgotten the name of it.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 05:03 AM
howard

Question: Are you talking about an all-icnlusive tour of an area of an all-inclusive package at a specific site (i.e., a resort)? There are plenty of both.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 06:36 AM
Marco

Howard, Thank you for your response. Re: your question I'm looking for an all-inclusive package of an area that includes air, hotel, transfers, tours, etc. I'm not interested in all-inclusive resorts.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 06:41 AM
xxx

Marco, perhaps the reason is that there would be so little demand. If you speak English, arranging something independently is so easy that few people would trade their freedom for whatever savings there would be. I have seen packages that include hotel and air, but including tours does complicate things quite a bit, particularly since any decent hotel can advise you on touring once you arrive.

I have seen Japanese groups on what are probably all-inclusive packages, but then again, it would be hard for them to navigate in the U.S. without some help. Why are you interested in something all-inclusive for U.S. destinations, anyway?

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 07:21 AM
bly

Many "resort" towns have a central reservation center where they can book packages like you are requesting. For instance, ski resort towns have an 800# that can book air, transfers/rental, hotel and ski tickets and lessons.

Any good hotel should have a concierge and be able to book activities/tours and restaurant reservations. Then you only have to book your air.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 07:38 AM
Christie

If you are looking for package tours of major cities, look on airlines' web pages under "Vacations." I know that American, Delta, Northwest, Continental, and Southwest all do vacation pacakages to various cities. The packages include air, car/transfers, hotel, and some even include tours, too. Look around and see-- I've been pricing these to New Orleans, myself.

You could eat all of your meals at the hotel if you wanted to, but most people would rather go to local restaurants.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 08:28 AM
Mary Sue

Tauck Tours does all-inclusive tours all over the US. I used to work at a Marriott and we'd get a group in every week or so during the summer. They have a web site: www.tauck.com.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Marco

Howard, I'm interested in a complete package like the corporate travel packages that destination management companies provide for corporate groups. The benefits are: you can combine the cost of expensive activities, such as deep sea fishing. If you go by yourself you are looking to spend at least $400.00 for half a day, but if you combine it with six other people you pay just $80.00. In addition my wife does't like to go golfing or fishing, this gives me the freedom to do the things I like. Another benefit is that most of the time when we travel my wife likes to shop and that activity takes most of my vacation time. If a package offers you various activities my wife and I can split up and do different activities that we both like. In addition, I don't have to worry about driving into a bad neighborhood or situation, the package will provide all the transportation and activities for me. Last but not least is the added benefits of making new friends and having the time of your life!

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Marie

Marco there are dozens of tour operators who specialize in all inclusive tours in the USA. Tauck Tours was mentioned in an earlier post. Less expensive, but about as good as Tauck would be Brendan Tours, Brennan Tours, Cosmos (not all inclusive, your meals are extra), Globus, Collette Tours, Mayflower Tours, Trafalgar Tours, and many, many more. They all offer preplanned activities, but allow for free time to shop, fish, or whatever. Any travel agent can provide you with plenty of catalogs.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 12:48 PM
howard

Marco, what I think you should look into is a resort-type place. I don't think any of the above-mentioned tour companies offer what you're looking for. For example, if you are serious in wanting to go deep sea fishing while your wife goes shopping, then a beach resort would definitely have both activities available. And a resort would probably include all means and a lot of activities.
I really don't think you want a tour package, per se. Rather, decide what what activities you want and then determine what area you should be looking into. If deep-sea fishing is indeed a top priority, then I'd start looking into waterfront resorts in, say, Florida, California, etc.