Another "Princeville Seafood Buffet" question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband LOVES seafood and is dying to go to the Friday night buffet.
I don't eat seafood at all. (I know, what a shame ).
Are there other things on the buffet besides seafood and/or will I be able to order off of a menu when he goes to the buffet?

Thanks.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:18 PM

MANY other offerings on the buffet - there is a meat carving station as well as some hot chicken and pasta dishes, tons of salads, too. Desserts are fabulous! I guarantee you'll BOTH enjoy it!
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:45 PM
iceeu2

Hey, margot, I posted last night about the Princeville buffets, and meant to ask....how far in advance should you make reservations?

I have also read that people start lining up early even tho they have reservations. What's a good time? And do you want an indoor or outdoor table if you have the choice?

Not meaning to hijack your thread MaiTaiMary, but you may want to know these things also, right?

MTM, will you be doing a trip report before May 14th?

Hey, and don't forget, when you are staying down in Kapaa...be sure to ask for lots of mints at Kauai Pasta!!

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM

i2,
You definetly want to sit outside on the terrace for the buffet. They open at 5:30. I made a reservation for 5:30. We got there at 5:00. We were the first ones in line. I REALLY wanted my choice of tables. We got a great table by the little water feature ledge and ate, drank and gazed until the sun set around 8:30ish (July). We're gonna do the Sunday brunch this year!
-Bill
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:31 PM
iceeu2

billy, how far in advance did you make reservations?

Because you know what???? We leave in 21 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:34 PM

A couple of weeks ago they had a NY strip on the carving station. There's always the desserts too.... Make your reservations for 5:30 PM for a sunset view on the terrace and get there a little early. We had great seats.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:43 PM

i2,
I was wondering when that was coming! I guess right about now you'd say that pre-trip excitment is better than sex?
I made reservations a week before.
-Bill
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:29 PM
iceeu2

Now bill, you don't have to get testy with me!!!

You knew it would come soon. I can't let a day go by without making sure you are paying attention.

Btw, much better..just like the cake! I wish you were going to be there when we were.

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
iceeu2

And, one more thing...do you valet park or is there free parking in the area?

The reason I ask is cause the last time we gandered at The Princeville, I think we parked ourselves...

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

I just don't get it. I've called twice now and both times I've been told that they don't take reservations for the Friday buffet or the Sunday buffet unless you have 5 people or more. I'm not going to be too happy if I find out they DO and we have to wait. Bummer.

iceeu2~ Nope. I'll be gone May 3 - May 18. Trip report to follow that weekend.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:53 PM

i2,
We self parked in a lot just before the hotel to the right along the cliff. I imagine you could valet park also.

I wish I was going to be at the GTG too. >
-Bill
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 04:28 AM
iceeu2

you know what MTM, I read a post recently where someone had tried to make reservations (maybe it was yours) and they were told they don't take reservations.

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 04:49 AM

As of last month, they took reservations - we made ours for 5:30 and like others, got in line at 5PM. You'll be assured of a great outside table that way. We made our reservation 6 days before and had no problem at all. You can either valet park or park in the guest lot. Let us know if the reservations policy has changed - seems to me it would only make for mayhem if they didn't accept them anymore...
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:07 AM

I went to the buffet on April 8th and made reservations for two the week before. We too self parked in the guest lot although they do have valet parking available but it's only a short walk. The buffet cost $49.50 for adults and $3.50 per year old for 12 and under. Be there a little early to get terrace seating even in the rain (it's covered) the view was beautiful.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:17 AM

WOW!!! $50 for a buffet?? I don't think I could eat that much food.

Where's a good place for a roadside picnic with some BBQ shrimp, BBQ, and a bottle of wine sitting there watching the sunset with the one you love.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 10:22 AM
iceeu2

Budman, The Islander on May 27th would be the place you describe!!!!!!!!!

And, as much as you have saved with car rentals and interisland air fare, and such..get up off yourself and treat the lady to a $50 buffet!

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 10:47 AM

The 27th is the only Friday we'll be on Kauai and it's our GTG. We'll have more fun than a $50 buffet.

I'll treat her to Roy's. Do they have a Roy Rogers on Kauai?
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 05:50 PM
iceeu2

Bman, you can take her up there for Sunday brunch or an afternoon tea!!

AuntieM says they have high tea on certain days.

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM

Is this the Cafe Hanalei buffet? No one has mentioned the name.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Yes, this is the Cafe Hanalei buffet.

I called *again* and this time I got a reservation for 5:30pm for the Friday night buffet. But they said for the Sunday brunch, they only accept reservations for 5 or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -