another orlando question

Old May 3rd, 2001, 02:07 PM
mona

another orlando question

I have noticed a lot of vacation homes and condos at about the same rate as hotels. Has anyone had a positive experience with this type of rental? It seems risky, but would like the extra space with 2 children.
Not looking for luxury, only CLEAN, safe accomodations, in a nice neighborhood. Are there any areas of Orlando to avoid? Thanks for your input.

Old May 4th, 2001, 05:36 AM
greg

Mona,

I live in orlando so I can not comment about the rental question. But, yes there are good and bad areas in Orlando just as in any city. If you have some in mind and post the location then I may be able to help you.

Old May 4th, 2001, 05:55 AM
annie

There are a lot of rentals in Orlando. I have stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and Vistana. They have great deals especially is you are willing to go on a promotional tour of their facility. They have everything in the room. It has a full kitchen, dishwasher, washer and dryer, television, arcade for the children, health spa for adults, and a wonderful swimming pool. You can get all of this for as little as $129-139 per night.

All my experiences were wonderful. You pay an ordinary hotel $129 per night easy without these amenities.

Should you have any questions, please e-mail me. You didn't state how long you were staying.

Old May 7th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Lui

Hey Mona how are you doing?

The best way to find any info about accomodations in O town would be this site here: www.theorlandowebsite.com
Check them out, they have info on anything, I'm not sure about houses but you never know unless you try it right?
best whishes LUi

Old May 7th, 2001, 11:46 AM
mona

Thanks for your input. We want to do the disney thing, but also want to travel to the beach. We live in Denver, so we are not afraid of traffic or a little bit of driving to be in a more serene location. We would like to do the tourist thing during the day, but have a place to stay that reflects Floridas scenery. We are not into massive hotels and room service. We like to take a vacation to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Thanks again for your input. Mona

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:13 AM
GOL

Don't forget that Disney has itself some vacation homes and condos on their property. When these are not sold out, they offer the rooms like a regular hotel (nightly, weekly, etc at good prices).

Although I have never rented one in Orlando, everyone I talked to that did or that lives in the area does not recommend it, as many hotel chains have very similar rooms at as reasonable prices. A relative has a timeshare which they HAVE to use, and have a couple of times in Orlando. [They were taken in by one of those "get a free Disney ticket" if you listen to a 45 minute presentation]. The place is a place - not clean, not terribly dirty - but this relative would not 're-up" again.