Search

Anoopia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2009, 06:33 AM
HKP
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anoopia

Much as I hate to admit that I pay any attention whatever to American Idol, it's very interesting - and heartwarming in tough times getting tougher - to see how excited Tar Heels are getting about Anoop Desai's rise to finalist. He's made such a point of his ties to UNC-Chapel Hill, at an intense time for UNCCH for two reasons: 1. the campus's year-anniversary-memorial tributes to Eve Carson, the exceptional student-body president who was kidnapped and murdered last year; and 2. the approach of March Madness - which are the high holy days for Tar Heel basketball fans. Everyone seems to know who he is now (although fans of local high school drama were aware of him back then, too), and all in "Anoopia" wish him well.
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 06:48 AM
cfc

Have to say, I was touched by his shout-out about Eve at the end of the performance show - but I wondered if anyone knew what that was about.
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM

I Googled it after hearing his shout-out, and then remembered having read about her death last year.
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM

I suspect that the success of "Slumdog Millionaire" might possibly be helping Anoop - but I kind of don't care or even kind of hope so. He's a welcome relief from some of the more surly or self-absorbed "star" on the shoe.

I remembered about that murder case, too. SO incredibly sad - not that all murders are any less, but this one seems to have touched so many and the crime itself seemed so inexplicable.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:21 PM
HKP
Original Poster

GO Anoop - he killed tonight. Take that, Simon.