Annapolis, MD Power Boat Show October 2023

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2023, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone attended this show, and if so, where did you stay? We are thinking of going and would like to stay within walking distance of the show. In checking hotel rates, they seem to double during that time. No surprise, I guess. Besides seeing the boat show itself, we'd like to be able to walk to the town. Any lodging suggestions? We'd like to keep it less than $500/night.
Old Mar 7th, 2023, 09:31 AM

The major hotel in closest walking distance is Annapolis Waterfront Hotel, Autograph Collection. Pre-covid it was named something else. Pussers is still the Caribbean styled restaurant onsite. Parking also onsite. Look on State Circle and along West Street to the Westgate Circle for other hotels. At this writing, the Westgate area had a minibus to downtown.

Again, pre-covid but in prior years, roads near the dock were closed to traffic during the boat shows. Do check with the hotel folks to see about their plans for transporting guests downtown.

Another possibility for downtown would be to check Historic Inns and B&Bs. There were several in the past. Be sure to ask about parking!

Please share what you end up doing.

Last edited by TDudette; Mar 7th, 2023 at 09:37 AM.
Old Mar 14th, 2023, 11:20 AM

PS, the art group to which I belonged used to have a booth at both the Power and Sail boat shows. So I attended but live in the area.