Search

Ann. trip to KW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Laura

Ann. trip to KW

My husband and I will be visiting KW for the first time this Oct. to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We are sold on B&Bs and have narrowed it down to 3: Ambrosia House, Mermaid and the Alligator, and the Pilot House. We are especially looking for a place that has a little bit of outside privacy... Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:43 PM
x

None of the ones you listed cater to the gays but that doesn't mean they won't get them. Mermaid and The Alligator is the nicest of the 3 listed. Heron House and The Marquesa are even nicer.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Love

Very few cater to the gays like they once did. Joebob has no clue what he is talking about. The Marquesa and The Heron House are my favorites too.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Gay

Gay only accommodations.
FLEUR DE KEY GUESTHOUSE

ISLAND HOUSE FOR MEN

LIGHTHOUSE COURT

NEW ORLEANS HOUSE

OASIS GUESTHOUSE

PEARL'S RAINBOW Key West's SEA ISLE RESORT

ALEXANDER'S GUESTHOUSE

BIG RUBY'S GUESTHOUSE
COCONUT GROVE GUESTHOUSE

CORAL TREE INN

EQUATOR RESORT

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Laura

We have no problem with anyone's sexual preference, especially if they are dancing in the hallway -- we'll probably join them! I have looked into both the Marquesa and the Heron House, they do look nice but a bit fussy -- we tend to like more artsy places. Maybe my impression from their websites is all wrong. Do either of them have private balconies or verandas?

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 01:39 PM
susan

Laura - I haven't stayed in a B&B but would prefer Ambrosia to the Mermaid and Alligator because in my opinion the location is better. Truman Avenue gets a fair amount of traffic and can be noisy.

The Marquesa Hotel and Heron House both get wonderful reviews; I've never heard anyone who wasn't pleased with either.

Another thought: I don't know when your anniversary is, but if it coincides with Fantasy Fest you can expect to pay double or triple the normal room rates.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:50 PM
x

The Marquesa is the best there and not at all fussy. It is the most relaxing beautiful b&b.