And we're off to the Mouse!

Old May 24th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And we're off to the Mouse!

We were supposed to go to the UK. Again.

BA has canceled our flight, and it looks like there may still be an isolation requirement in July. We're not even trying until things are normal or close.

We're going to Disney. Of course it's not at normal either, but we can get in without isolating, and we're vaccinated. Our traveling party is myself (54), DH (55), and DS (turning 26 with very minor delays).

I've booked almost everything, and our dizzying two week schedule is a follows.

Leave July 9th, stay overnight in Summerville, SC, and pay a flying visit to DH's relative.

July10-Drive the rest of the way to Orlando and stay at Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

July 11-Move to Gaylord Palms.

July 12-Royal Pacific Club Level (booked for the express pass benefits)

July 13-US/IOA park to park, and Universal's Endless Summer resort

July 14 and 15-Saratoga Springs (one bedroom), booked on all the Avios I got back from BA

July 16, 17, 18-All Star Movies with DHS plus hopping on Saturday, and Animal Kingdom plus hopping on Sunday, which is DS's birthday.

July 19. 20, 21-Grande Villas Resort (with two bedrooms, laundry, and a kitchen!) for Seaworld, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica

The 22nd and 23rd will probably be on Jekyll Island (not booked yet). The 24th we'll stay somewhere on the road.

It's a lot of moving around, but we often travel that way, and a couple of those nights really needed to be balanced with something cheaper.

I had a non-cancellable hot rate for Heathrow with Hotwire, and when I explained the situation, they were kind enough to give me most of it as "Hot Dollars", which went towards the Rosen Inn and the Grande Villas.

I'll post more once we're on the road, and of course if there are any exciting developments.

Old May 25th, 2021, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arnoldmiler View Post
Mouse? sorry?
Disney World. Orlando and environs.

Sometimes known as the "House of Mouse".
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Quick updates.

We're at the Holiday Inn resort on Jekyll Island. We've stayed there once before, and loved it.

We've added some dining reservations, notably for Raglan Road for brunch on the 11th.

Tusker House is reopening, and we're trying to snag that for the 18th for breakfast.