Reload this Page >

Anchorage, Tok, Haines Junction, McCarthy/Kennicott B&Bs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 08:10 AM
Kay

Any personal experience with the following B&Bs in Anchorage or any lodgings in Tok, along the highway to Haines Junction area, or in the park at McCarthy or Kennicott? Looking for clean, moderately priced for Alaska.

Big Bear
Oscar Gill House
Homestead
Your Home Away from Home
Ivy Inn
Hospitality Plus
Burkeshire
Anna’s
AM

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 05:55 PM
Jean

My husband and I stayed at Big Bear this past June. They had everything one could ask for, even down to Tylenol PM, a sitting room with t.v., books and videos on Alaska, were very helpful in giving us info for our next morning. Offered to pick up or take us to airport, but we didn't need that service. I would stay there again.

Old May 12th, 2001, 04:58 AM
Nina

I stayed at the Kennicott River Hostel in 1998. It was $25 per night and was superb. Not the lap of luxury but the views from the balcony are stunning. The owner did have a website at
http://www2.polarnet.com/~grosswlr but I haven't checked to see if it is still operating.

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:28 AM
Beth

Anyone over stay at the McCarthy B&B? I am going to visit McCarthy (and Alaska) for the first time. Any suggestions on activities, things to see, etc. How is driving from Anchorage to McCarthy?

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:11 AM
GOL

Driving? The ride from Anchorage to the McCarthy area one of the most beautiful I've ever driven on. Two lane highway, easy drive to Glennallen.