American Airlines Triple 7 plane?

May 15th, 2001, 05:34 AM
Kim

American Airlines Triple 7 plane?

Has anyone had the chance to fly this new carriier? What was the service? amenities? etc... Where did you travel from/to?

May 15th, 2001, 05:51 AM
sktraveler

My husband and I flew on a American 777 from Chicago to London about a month ago. It's a great plane! Each seat has it's own TV monitor and you can choose between 3-4 movies or a few other "TV" stations. The service was the same as any plane, but I found the seats to be comfortable and roomy.

May 15th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Jamie

I've flown to London on United's 777, and I've fallen in love with that plane, because it's so roomy.

May 15th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Leone

We had the exact opposite experience in November 2000, travelling DC to Buenos Aires via JFK, and BA to DC via Miami, both on American's 777. Very cramped seating. We were in a window-aisle going, and in the center coming home. Cramped and crowded, especially coming home. AA was very nice to work with, and helped us make arrangements quite professionally. But inside the plane, wow, another story. It's probably just a matter of how they configure the planes on different routes. Ask for a seating plan before you decide. I would say the meal service was good ... they got us started with two drinks, then a small bottle of wine for each us ... nice flight!!! But crowded, especially BA to MIA. Ciao.

May 15th, 2001, 01:46 PM
John

The 777 has been around for a few years now, especially with United. I've flown it on American's Chicago-London Heathrow route twice. I didn't find it any more cramped than the 767s or Airbus A300s, but then again I always get bulkhead seats when possible.

Unfortunately, I don't fly American anymore so I haven't flown the AA 777 in two years. Continental's 777s are quite nice and quite new, and I'm booked on the Houston-London flight next week!

Search this Thread