Search

Am I loosing it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Cicilly

Am I loosing it?

My DH called me yesterday and suprised me with a vacation to Maui for 2 weeks. He found an awesome deal off the internet. The catch is we leave this coming Monday! Last minute deal. I'm so nervous.... I was able to get the time off work (thank goodness). I just have this weird sort of feeling. What's wrong with me. I know everyone thinks I'm nuts for feeling weird. I guess this was such a shocker for me.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:25 AM
xxx

what is DH?

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:25 AM
xxx

Gee what a GUY!! He sounds like a spur of the moment, "strike when the iron is hot" spontaneous kind of man. That is very nice. Many woman (including self) would be jumping with excitment. You maybe a "planner" need to know well ahead of time everything you are doing. I think it is natural to feel "weird" about this if you think this is your basic personality. Nothing wrong with you, it is such a shock. Who wouldn't be shocked. I think it is wonderful, get over your shock, and start packing Cicilly. You are going to Hawaii. Just enjoy the moment. Have a great time. I am jealous!!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:27 AM
patricia

In this case it is "darling husband." (I think)

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:28 AM
yy

DH = Dear Husband (I think!)

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Cicilly

Thanks xxx fot the encouragement!!That's what everyone at work says. They would be climbing the walls with excitement. He is sometimes a spur of the moment person. I'm more laid back. Like to plan etc...Yes DH is Da Husband
Wonder if this has happened to anyone else? See I'm usually the planner.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 09:56 AM
BC

I am a planner also. My family and I are going in mid Feb. I am very nervous about this vacation. Will the weather be nice? What if the resort is a dump? What if someone gets sick? Part of me is soooo excited and part of me is worried. I guess, I should stop worrying, there is no turning back.

Have a great time. Let us know how the trip goes.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Molly

Hi Cicily,

Some of us are just more comfortable feeling in control of a situation. I too am a planner and would feel initially extremely uncomfortable if my husband sprung a spur-of-the-moment trip on me. But once at our location, I'd have a great time! And feel lucky to have such a thoughtful, action-oriented guy!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:59 AM
xxxx

That's really something (NICE)!!
Have fun!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Cicilly

I know Jerry. I mispelled Losing. I realized it after I hit the enter button. Still in shock I guess.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Molly

P.S. Upon further brief reflection, I'd be more than uncomfortable. Make that a "basket case"! Don't think you're weird at all, Cicilly.
Thanks for writing in - now I know i'm not the only one who likes/needs to plan! Hey - maybe it's a good thing for us to move outside our comfort zones a little - I think that you'll have a great time once you get there and settle in. Maui - wow!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Another DH

I've never been shocked before a vacation. The shock usually comes about a month after I get back and see how much my DW spent on jewelry, clothes, trinkets, et al.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:28 AM
xxx

Girl, get off that computer and go start packing those bikinis and sorongs! Put on some tropical music, have a festive toddy, and count your blessings! Have a wonderful time and get a good tan!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:47 AM
xx

ditto......

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Aloha

Don't worry, Be Happy!!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Doctor

Don't get a tan. They cause cancer. Use sunscreen and plenty of it.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 03:59 PM
linda

I understand. Iam not an organized person and need a bit of time to line everything up. Relax. It's laid-back, you can buy something if you forget to pack. Just go and enjoy. Try Neutragena's Extra Dark tanning foam. It does not streak! At least it's last minute fun and not some late breaking tragedy!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 04:35 PM
KalieK

Buck up, for heavens sake! Pack a bag. Even if you don't get it right, you can always buy whatever you need once you get there. Do you consider this anything worth fussing over?

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Miss Mellow

The nasties come out of their coffins after 8 - pay Maxie no mind, Cicilly. Kalie, you must be one those relaxed, easy-going sorts that I just hate {jealous}! Yup, some of us, me included, absolutely freak out if our routines are altered. But hey, for Maui I'd adjust!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Cicilly

Thanks everyone for the encouragement... I'm feeling the Aloha spirit now. Getting the last minute stuff packed, just not used to being super suprised like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -