aloha swapmeet in HI

Search

aloha swapmeet in HI

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aloha swapmeet in HI

been to Hawaii many times but never done tha swapmeet in aloha stadium. if i do go, i would like to purchase some 14K gold charms with hawaiian theme, maybe some sarong or small clothing article or just some practical/useful knickknacks that people usually pick up from a swap meet. you think it would be worth the detour on a saturday morning when i can sleep in for another couple of hours instead or enjoy a leisurely breakfast?

re: the gold charms, i would like to start a charms bracelet with a hawaiian theme. over the years, i've collected one with a european theme. i would buy a small gold charm whenever i visit a new country-sort of a souvenir that i can wear.

thanks for your thoughts!
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM

Not an expert but YES, YES, YES, I can't really comment on the gold charms but they do have some REALLY good stuff. I honestly would not buy anything until I go there they have great things and awesome prices. I was there two years ago and Honolulu was our last island (Maui,& Big Island first) and we had done some shopping(and thought we did good with prices) but after the swapmeet, I knew next time I visit Oahu i will leave my shopping for there. Enjoy
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 12:21 PM

The swapmeet is a lot of fun, and you can get some really cheap souvenirs. I don't know that I would trust the gold sold there however. You might do just as well-price wise- at Walmart, and you'll have some confidence they'll be selling reall gold. They carry lots of local items.
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Swap meet is great. Nice sarongs everywhere- some better than others. Also, close to Pearl Harbor so if you've never been you can do both in the same day.
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM

I like the Swap Meet, but I would not try to buy any good jewelry there.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

thanks all for your input!