Aloha girl stop digging up old threads so you can advertise your website

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 10:50 AM
ad

Aloha girl stop digging up old threads so you can advertise your website

www.hawaiianrhythms.com is currently offline

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:04 PM
Patrick

This is the most outrageous example of advertising I have ever seen. It seems like every Hawaii post has been dragged to the top so that this person can tell people to check out her website. Fodors censors, where are you when we need you?

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:15 PM
Sarah

a little sensitivity please Hawaii is having a difficult time. 1-4 people there are dependent on tourist dollars. Loose you job on the islands and in many scenarios you have to leave the island. I worked there and saw this happen, this splits up families, forces people that have been there for generations to move. So just a bit of sensitivity please. Did you really need to get so ugly as to make this post. And BTW that is a very cool website!!!

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:19 PM
xxx

Sarah - Just because the economy is down doesn't mean that people should break the rules and advertise on this forum. Rules are rules and need to be followed under any and all circumstances. If we allow people in Hawaii to advertise, then we're going to end up bombarded with ads from every travel agent in the world looking to drum up some business.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:21 PM
ad

Sarah, Travel Talk rules state no advertising. Here they are if you missed them. Did you look at the whole site? What's with the chick in the hot tub. Made me gag.

"Travel Talk is a place for travelers to converse with other travelers. Ask questions, get advice, or share great stories from your trips. But please keep to the topic -- travel. All postings must be your own words (i.e., no cutting and pasting of copyrighted material). A civil tone and no advertising or commercial promotion are also requested"