Reload this Page >

Allerton Crown Plaza-Chicago??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 03:38 PM
mary

In another thread I read that this hotel is not so great- true? It is pricey-$189 a night and we are stuck there (used Hotrooms.com)Can I call and request an upgrade or wait to see when we get there? Is it really that bad?

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Kevin

When was the post written to which you're referring?
The Allerton was a dump a few years ago when I was last there. Apparently it's undergone a decent renovation in the past 2 years, but I haven't been inside since.

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 05:09 PM
mike

I attended a seminar 2 years back where the Sales Manager from the Allerton was a presenter and she was absolutely terrible!!! No people skills. Her presentations had no focus. I am sure her staff is unhappy which will undoubtedly produce bad guest service. Try the Hotel Intercontinental. Ask for the Make it Chicago promotional rate.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Char

I used to stay at the Allerton when it was a dump and loved it. It was clean, reasonably priced, and the best location around. The location has not changed. The price has gone up considerably since the beautiful renovation. I have not stayed there since, but have visited to look around. The public areas are great. The Lounge is nice, and the room are nice. I think you will enjoy your stay and will be near "all the action". I haven't interacted with the sales manager, but doubt her presentation skills would actually reflect on how you would enjoy your stay. Everyone I encountered on my "look around" visit was very nice.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:28 PM
stella

The hotel was recently upgraded and the rooms are very nice. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:38 PM
amy

my daughter and I stayed there a couple of years ago and thought it was great.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Ron

My wife and I had dinner in their restaurant last xmas. I think it was on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The service was outstanding, the other msg in this list said some lady had no people skills but maybe she can't give a speech. Also the location on Michigan Ave is really tough to beat. Thumbs up from me and I live here...

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Laurie

The Allerton is an old hotel. I haven't been there since it has been remodeled but I am sure it doesn't compare to all the new hotels which is why I believe the person on the other thread was compaining. It is in a great location if you are planning to do a lot of shopping. I assume that is what the previous poster meant by "all the action". Really the only thing to do in that area is shop or take a walk down to the Lake. Hotels in Chicago are very pricey - depending on when you are staying it might be harder to get something for much less that is alot nicer. Hotel Intercontinental usually is higher that that.