All inclusive family vacations in U.S.

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 08:05 AM
Elaine Iken

All inclusive family vacations in U.S.

There are 23 family members who want to take an all inclusive trip in the U.S. next summer for a week. The grandparents, children and grandchildren--so--ages range from 5 to 75. We love sports, especially golf.

If anyone can suggest something I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 05:03 PM
Cindy

Club Med has an all-inclusive resort in Florida.

Since I am a travel agent, I'd be glad to help you, just e-mail me privately. Or contact a local travel agent that you feel comfortable with.

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 10:39 AM
beth

Smuggler's Notch in Vermont is a top US resort. It's great for all ages.

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 01:02 PM
Karen

How about a dude ranch in Colorado? I believe they have an internet web site for more info...also, Estes Park, Colorado in the park itself is a very, very large lodge available to families...my friend's family had a reunion there with many family members of all ages.

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 01:53 PM
Kat

There's no mention of cost preferences so some of these suggestions may be out-of-bounds.

One of the best all-inclusive family vacation establishments is Mohonk Mountain House in the Catskill Mountains near New Paltz, New York (about 60 miles from New York City). There's golfing and hiking and swimming in the lake and horseback riding and birding and boating and fishing and gardens and lots and lots of places to lounge. A unique and wonderful place.

On the other side of the continent, there's Meadowood Resort and Spa near St. Helena in Napa Valley. Especially attractive to families, there's golf (and croquet!), pools, woods, great service, wonderful ambience and gorgeous locale.

Another option is renting several of the homes at Sea Ranch in Mendocino near Gualala. Rental guests have access to the golf course, the two pools with special kids areas, saunas. There are several playgrounds in this special vacation development along the spectacular Northern California coast. There's also a river flowing through the area for swimming, rafting and tubing (in summer). Great area of hiking, lazing and meandering. Get in touch with Rams Head Realty & Rentals at (707) 785-2427 or email Judy at [email protected]
Another Sea Ranch rental group is Beach Rentals at (707) 884-4235.

There's also the Sagamore on Lake George in New York.