Reload this Page >

Alii Tower or Sheraton waikiki?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:06 AM
Tom

Hoping to visit Hawaii in August this year. The two accommodations that we have in mind are the Alii Tower in the Hilton villiage and the Sheraton Waikiki. The prices that we have been quoted for both properties are the same, both with ocean front (view) rooms. I hear that the rooms in the Alii Tower are nice with various priviledges. However, I have also heard that it is a little out of the way. As we are very much looking forward to the 'nightlife' that Waikiki has to offer, is this property the wrong choice. How far a walk is it into the main stretch of the resort. I realise that the Sheraton is more central, however, the accomodation interior is rather important to us.How does the Sheraton interior compare? Would it be too far to walk everyday from the Hilton? What are your opinions? Is the Alii Tower that much better and worth the hike?
Many thanks for your help.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:13 AM
Shawn

Yes, the Hilton is a farther walk. The Sheraton is in the heart of Waikiki and very convenient. The Hilton does have a new Kalia tower which just opened last year. They also have a brand new spa. The Sheraton is an older property and some of the rooms have been renovated in the past few years. If you will be spending much time out in Waikiki at night I would suggest the Sheraton.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:09 PM
CF

Hilton Hawaiian Village is just that, a village in itself. They have shops and restaurants all on site. You can find nice places to eat and such without going elsewhere.

We stayed in the Alii Tower and it was very nice. We had our own concierge, morning paper, Godiva chocolates and fancy liquor with the turn down service. There was a TV in the bathroom, plush robes, we had our own pool with whirlpool. The room was huge and ocean front. One point tho, friends stayed in the Rainbow Tower and their view was nicer. They looked down the beach at Diamond Head and it was beautiful.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:33 PM
Paula

I love the Alii Towers....you not only have your own pool, they serve you drinks at the pool, have hot food in the evening also contin. breakfast, private stairway to the beach. The local bus runs in front of the door so you can catch the bus downtown and a cab back for night life. Cabfare is not that expensive

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:38 PM
sss

I stayed in the Rainbow Towers last August and I would strongly advise against HHV in August. The hotel becomes swamped. Things might be different this year but the hotel really does not have the facilities to operate at full capacity. That pool becomes a crowded bath. I say this because there are too many people too close to gather I can't imagine it is hygenic although I am sure high high levels of chemicals are provided to achieve this goal. You will wait on long long lines as I did to check in. Ever see a bank line at lunch time in a major city? Other times of the year this hotel is great but not at full capacity.

Love love love Sheraton Moana, some complain about city view rooms being noisy I did not have a problem and the corner rooms with two double beds are HUGE!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:42 PM
sss

I was referring to the main pool don't know about alii pool perhaps this will solve part of your problem.

There is a group that sings at HHV on Friday and Sat night, Oleomana (sp) they have a long history with some hits that have been rerecorded by other Hawaii musicians with releases here on the mainland. I suggest you listen to them if you stay here. They frequently invite friends up to the stage for some impromtu hula. A good time if you are in the hotel.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:36 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:05 AM
CF

We were there(HHV) with a major convention and it wasn't that crowded. There was hardly anyone at the Alii's pool. The hotel was booked to capacity and I saw no problem with it.