Airfare advice.

Jul 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Airfare advice.

Hi all. We want to go to Kauai in January and I have found a couple of great values on VRBO rentals. The only problem is I have no clue what is a good price for Air.(flying from Chicago)
Orbitz is showing about 850.00 round trip at the moment.
Is this decent? I hate to pay full price but would hate it more to chance waiting for a cheaper rate.
Any input would be appreciated

thanks
keith
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:17 AM

I'm not an expert but you are flying during peak tourist season. We are located closer to Hawaii than you are in Chicago and the usual airfare from our state fluctates but is usually around $750 round trip. Every now and then there are limited specials with travel restrictions below that price.
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:55 AM

are your flight dates on a weekday and what dates are you looking at? i think early january is probably more spendy with the new year travelers and stuff. i just did a search on www.kayak.com and found some from chicago for 665. i picked random week days since i dont know your schedule just to get an idea.
Jul 25th, 2007, 05:01 AM

Check out Farecast <http://www.farecast.com/>. They will not only show you ticket prices if bought today, they will attempt to predict which way those prices may fluctuate in the future, up or down. It's a good reference tool.
Jul 25th, 2007, 05:44 AM

Thanks for sharing that website, Vic!
Jul 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM

A good fare from Chicago to Kauai is around $650-700 -- check ATA or United. Your other option is to fly nonstop to Honolulu on United (just under $600) and then island-hop to Kauai on Hawaiian or Aloha (usually around $40 each way).
Jul 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the great info.

peace

Keith

Search this Thread