Notices

Air-tran Airways?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Jenna

Air-tran Airways?

Has anyone ever flown on this carrier? If so any problems? Thanks!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Susan Cox

Fly AirTran weekly. No major problems yet! Fares are reasonable, too. If possible, book a flight using the new Boeing 717s. Great planes!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Sandy

AirTran used to be Valujet. They changed their name after that crash in Florida.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:20 PM
airtranfan

I've flown AirTran (and its predecessor, ValuJet) on many occasions. They are no better or worse than pretty much any other airline I've used, and their prices are significantly better than many. I once heard someone object to the fact that they don't use actual seat assignments, just numbered boarding passes issued in order of your check-in arrival and that seems to bother some people, but I really don't care as long as I have a seat. I think in all the times I've used them I've only had a flight cancelled or significantly delayed one time, which certainly beats my experience with Delta! They have really great fares on right now, if they haven't expired already - I got tickets from Pittsburgh to Orlando for about $150 r/t.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Serena

I have used Air Tran and I was very pleased with the airline and the service. Their prices are certainly much better than many of the other airlines.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 06:24 AM
plummie

Had a very good experience flying Mpls-Atlanta-Savannah on AirTran last September. They are pretty much "no frills," but you can upgrade if space is available to their business class (same as first class) for $25 per segment.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:10 AM
r-travels

flown them from Albany to Orlando a few years ago, and just last week did round trip from LGA to Newport News. As nice as any "full service" airline, the new 717's were nice (2 seats L of aisle, 3 to right) and they DID assign seats at checkin. (no x in my e-ddress)