Air flights JAX Florida

Feb 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Air flights JAX Florida

Does anyone know when flights to JAX are typically lower or higher. I was there recently and it was very quiet. They say summers are busier. I would assume then the air fare would be also higher? I would like to make more visits there and I am wondering when the most economical time would be. Thanks.
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM

Flights to JAX (from ALB) were $44 to $49 for travel March 1 to June 8 this past week. Typical of Southwest.
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Oh that is a great price. Sorry I should have stated my flight originates out of PHL. Thanks.
Feb 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM

Then you would get the same flight costs as the "snowbirds"..we used to want to fly to visit our daughter just for a weekend (in Jax) from NY but as soon as the weather got bad (cold) in NY, fares went up to Jax. Summer airfares were not bad at all.
Jax is not that warm in the winter but it is a busy business fliers airport.
I would check online with Continental all the time, just waiting for good fares, then grabbed them.
If you fly out of Newark, you might get better prices too.
Feb 5th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Southwest has non-stops from PHL to JAX.

The fares (all in) are ~$180 R/T.

www.southwest.com
Feb 5th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Yes $180 has been about the same I have been seeing with usairways in which PHL is there hub. I know when I went in and searched for summer as in June it was very high. Over $200 with stops, and non stop over $400. Perhaps it is to far in advance that is the problem. I know I was there recently in JAX and it was very quiet. The locals said in summer it is happening around there. Riverfront, the beaches etc.

Scarlett, my son lives there as well and I would like to make frequent trips there. Thanks.