air fare question

Oct 6th, 2001, 08:05 PM
Ron

air fare question

Can anybody recommend a good website to book travel on? A couple days ago I looked at a fare and it went up the next day. I thought airfare was really cheap now. I am flying to Knoxville over Thanksgiving. Any tips would be appreciated.

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:16 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Airfares change quickly and low-fare seats tend to sell out. I usually use travelocity.com and lowestfare.com for research on uncomplicated itineraries, often actually booking directly with the airline. Others may use their research as a basis for determining bid amounts on auction sites such as www.priceline.com. I wouldn't hesitate to book directly through travelocity, for that matter. Holiday fares, in particular, tend to be higher on specific days (but can be very low if you are willing to fly ON the holiday itself).

Oct 7th, 2001, 02:29 AM
Frank

If you know where you want to go and are flexible as to dates, you can register with expedia and receive an e-mail notification of fare changes. Another excellent website for keeping up on airfares is Orbitz which is owned and operated by several airlines.

Oct 7th, 2001, 07:06 AM
lena

I'm finding the lowest prices and biggest selection on orbitz.com. Haven't purchased through there though. I then went directly to the airlines and found similar prices plus they're offering lots of on-line FF incentives. I just booked directly through Continental, got an extra 1000 FF for using the internet and double mileage (which they're all doing this coming month). Then a week later the price dropped $100 and they gave me credit towards another flight. I'm checking daily on another trip and the prices are going up and down tremendously.

Oct 8th, 2001, 09:19 AM
xxx

Hmmm...the busiest travel weekend of the entire year and someone questions why fares are so high? And..also questionsing this with less then 2 months booking time. Those who travel frequently know you must purchase tickets for holidays at least 6 months(sometines even further out) in advance.