After arriving at Shannon.....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After arriving at Shannon from Dublin airport, how long should it take to rent a reserved car and leave Shannon Airport to get on the road towards Dingle via Adare. We'll be arriving at Shannon at noon. Bob can you help? Still haven't made reservations at at any B & B's. There are so many to choose from and am afraid that we'll be spending most of our first day driving and not seeing much on way to Dingle from Shannon. Do you have suggestions of what to see along way? Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:53 PM

We were out of the airport with rental car in far less than an hour. We stopped at the tourist board in the airport and they made a reservation for us at a Farm and Breakfast nearby. Sure was glad, because we were very, very tired. Took a nap (although) we weren't supposed to before our castle banquet that night.

I would not drive more than an hour after arrival.

I would trust advice on this board and www.tripadvisor.com and book a B&B and stop worrying about it.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:02 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
And you'll get even more answers on the Europe board.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM

Gardyloo is right - Post on Europe forum

Found the Farm & Breakfast we stayed at - just a few miles from Shannon. Liked the B&B - and loved walking along the nearby beach.

http://www.kinvara.com/burrenview/facilities.html

We "followed our noses" and made reservations as we went. Usually the innkeeper called ahead and booked a room at her recommended place in the next town we hoped to make that day.

We were SO glad we were flexible. Based on a conversation with folks at the castle banquent on arrival night, we tweaked our plans and took the ferry out to the Aran Islands - a highlight of the trip.

If you do continue on to Dingle, I think you would enjoy the drive better after resting the first night closer to Shannon. We were absolutely beat upon arrival.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:16 PM

NEVER MIND. IGNORE EVERYTHING I'VE SAID!

You are arriving from Dublin. You won't be tired. The drive to Dingle should be just fine.