Reload this Page >

affordable hotels in Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 1998, 06:52 PM
Scott

I can't seem to find anything under $150 a night. Can anyone suggest anything? Anyone got an apartment for rent? Coming to Chicago in mid October.

Old Sep 16th, 1998, 08:39 PM
Marcia

Check the web for a B&B service. There is at least one - it is very good, with places on the N.Shore (Evanston, etc.). If they don't have a web presence, the yellow pages at the library might help.

Also, look for package deals, and over the weekend deals. We lived in downstate Illinois years ago, and we always got weekend deals when all the business folks were gone home.

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 03:42 PM
Dan

I stayed in a Chicago with a company called Just Passing Through. They have several apartments in the city which are fully furnished and have kitchens and baths. The place I stayed was in a charming brownstone in Chicago's Gold Coast. It had cable TV, free local phone service, AC, microwave, coffeemake, toaster, and full fridge. It was within waking to the coolest shopping, dining and entertainment. The beach was less than a block away! I found their uncompleted site at www.justpassingthrough.com. Rate was $90. They give you fruit and neighborhood parking passes,and discount coupons for area restaurants. They're very nice people. The best part was it was very private and quiet and feels like your own apartment -not a hotel. Hope this helps.

Old Sep 25th, 1998, 11:52 AM
marilyn

Try the Raphael or the Lenox House--both well-located and affordable. Ask about weekend rates at most places.

Old Sep 26th, 1998, 09:28 PM
patti

Try a web search for hotel consolidators. We're staying at the new Loews House of Blues next month for $134 (tax inc). The rates and availability change almost hourly, so don't expect to duplicate this. RMC Travel Centre 800-245-5738 is one of the consolidators, although there are many.

Old Sep 27th, 1998, 05:25 AM
Owen O'Neill

Try hotrooms.com

They're a hotel room consolidator specializing in Chicago are only. My frinds used them at a relatively busy time in August and got rooms at around $100 per night (Best Western on Michigan Ave, I think). When they inquired at the desk about staying an extra night, the rate direct through the hotel was cloer to $150 - this is a legitimate deal.

Old Sep 28th, 1998, 01:03 PM
Steve Eller

Sounds odd, but the Motel 6 Downtown. Two blocks off Michigan Avenue, walking distance to Gino's East Pizza, Navy Pier, Hancock Tower. The building is an old restored hotel. Rooms are small but nice. Rates were sub-$100 (at least they used to be).