Acadia National Park...A SUPER SPECIAL WEEKEND GIFT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are hoping to find a VERY SPECIAL , scenic, excellent service and food, B & B, VERY CONVENIENTLY LOCATED NEAR ACADIA NATIONAL PARK.... to be given to our children to mark their 25 th anniversary. They love nature, hiking, and good food. We will try to buy a gift certificate and the kids will figure out when they are free, and try to make a reservation. ( I guess a pool .... But, I do not know which month this will be used.) Is there a best month to go?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR IDEAS!!!

Suzy
Old Aug 10th, 2019, 05:56 AM

Others will have specific recommendations but do know that the town of Bar Harbor (very lovely, tons of inns, great restaurants, shopping, views) is just outside the park and there are free shuttles to various places within the park running on a regular schedule. The buses carry bikes too. (We were just there, but in an RV).

Last edited by sf7307; Aug 10th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old Aug 10th, 2019, 04:52 PM

Acadia NP

There are several romantic and upscale inns and b &bs in BH, as well as hotels. Look on Acadia Magic for a list. You can see what appeals. The Asticou Inn in Northeast Harbor would be lovely. ANP entrance is not far from BH or N.Harbor. I've always wanted to stay at the Bar Harbor Inn, but it's beyond my budget. Their outdoor dining terrace is wonderful though and we eat there every year when we visit.
​​​​​​

​​​​​
Old Aug 11th, 2019, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
B&Bs do not usually have pools, but the Chiltern Inn has a pleasant indoor pool. Rooms are large and it's a rather "romantic" Inn.