[email protected]

Aug 15th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

just got back from a trip to LA. I usually fly American. One word to describe the AA check-in process at LAX....CHAOS! I just want to know if it's any better with another airline. I got dropped off at LAX at 6:30am and the place was a zoo. It is never clearly marked where you for if you have something to check on. The lines for the e-ticket machines are blocked by people in line. Once I got my boarding pass, they have you take your luggage to the other end of the building to be x-rayed. Then you have to walk all the way to the other end to the escalator to take you to security. Can anyone make the process more confusing? There were only 2 AA staff trying to direct the hoards of people not knowing what to do or where to go. People were helping fellow passengers. Thanks for letting me vent.
Aug 15th, 2008, 07:49 PM

angelize, I hate to tell you this, but it sounds like you were quite lost. You've just given the perfect description of Miami's AA check-in, are you sure you were in California and not Florida?
Aug 15th, 2008, 08:07 PM

We do it all the time and so I guess I have forgotten how confusing it is the first time. Sorry it was so awful. After multiple times, you can do it in your sleep, but that is no comfort when attempting to negotiate it for the first time or if you are not going to be a "regular" at AA LAX. However, I wonder if that intermediate step for x-raying is new since June, as I do not remember ever having to do that part, altho it was not clear to me if you had checked baggage. We only do carry-on.
Aug 16th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Interesting.

That pretty much describes my last flight through LAX on United.

My last LAX experience with American wasn't nearly that painful-- but then again, our outbound flight left at noon (we were heading to Honolulu). We're heading to DC on a working honeymoon next month, and our outbound leaves at 9 AM. It sounds like we're going to have quite an adventure.

Thanks, TSA. You've certainly made air travel painful for the average Jill and Joe!
Aug 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Don't blame the TSA. Blame the terrorists and insurgents who want to bring the USA to it's knees.
Aug 16th, 2008, 06:09 PM

That's way I never drive the 2.5 hours to LAX, I take a commuter flight with max 30 pax and security is always a brezze. Costs me more, but my time and the lack of hassle make it worthwhile to me.

Search this Thread