Search

A Sunday Rave

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Sunday Rave

Hi

I thought it might be nice to share our Sunday Raves.
No rants ! just share how great your weekend was, or just your Sunday.

I go first!!

Sunday ... the Beach!
(after watching Lance win the Tour de France)
Sitting at Joes in Jacksonville Beach, (tres funky), fighting with the gulls for the last french fry out on the deck. ( OK, the gulls won)
Getting that great salty tight skin feeling when you have been out in the sun and sea air for a while.
Nowhere better to be than on a beach on a very hot summer day

Your turn ~
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 12:25 PM

My Sunday is only half over, and I slept through the morning (that's a rave!).

This afternoon I am going to learn the finer points of my new digital camera, via the instructional CD. It feels great to dedicate some methodical time to this rather than learning on the fly.

Tonight we'll watch 3 straight episodes of Six Feet Under -- 2 that a friend taped for us when we were on our road trip, plus tonight's.

Life is good.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 12:46 PM
bonniebroad

(Marilyn, wait until you see last Sunday night's episode of Six Feet Under.... .... didn't think they could shock me much more!)

RAVE: Walked my 34th day, even with blisters on both feet. Tomorrow, a marathon

RAVE: It's low 80's in Raleigh - heaven!

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Great idea

DH and I participated in a trail race this morning and it was great fun and thankfully cooler weather than what we have had!
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM

Bonniebroad, what happened in 6 ft Under? Don't leave us like this!!! Idon't get HBO anymore.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM

No rain, 93 Oct gas for $1.939, and a Panasonic fax/copier to replace my thermal paper ancient for $9.99.
M
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 02:52 PM
bonniebroad

Tell you tomorrow, Judyrem, after Marilyn has a chance to watch it tonight, okay? I'm still aghast, though.........

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 02:56 PM

bonnie, thank you for not being a SPOILER!! We will watch it tonight.

judyrem, if you google it I'm sure there are websites where they summarize each episode.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
This Sunday was a great day because I woke up in Charlottesville in the mountains. It was raining but who cares? I was in the mountains! A doubly great weekend since I left for the mountains only hours after I returned from Cape Cod.
That 6 feet under was a wild one but since I had seen the most outrageous episode of South Park the previous Sun night I wasn't as shocked as I would have been.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 03:35 PM
OO

Scarlett...we were at the beach today too, and it was so beautiful. We haven't been in over a year, despite living in FL, 30 minutes from two of Dr. Beach's favorite beaches, Ft. Desoto and Caladesi Island. Our sailboat seems to take prcedence...we are normally sailing, but got out yesterday, then slept aboard last night and spent the today at Ft. DeSoto beach, just south of St Pete. Standing in chest deep water, there must have been 1000 live sand dollars around us, with the water so clear that they were plainly visible in the sand by our feet. Looking back at the shoreline it was easy to see why this beach is one of Dr. Beach's favorites. Being a state park, there isn't a building in sight...just blue water, white white, sand, then Australian pines...a few small beach umbrellas, people walking the shoreline, pails in hand for shell collecting--no development what-so-ever, just beautiful.

And sailing yesterday was wonderful...afternoon thunder bumpers holding off until we were in and safely tied up again. I may rant and rave about the heat and humidity this time of year, but all in all, we could live in far worse a place than this!! Driving 30 minutes from home it feels as if we've flown to vacation heaven time zones away.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 03:40 PM

1st rave- By sheer surprise, I woke up super early and turned on the TV to see the final hour of the Tour de France.

Lance Armstrong is so awe inspiring...and not because he's our native son, but because of his personal triumphs. Gives real hope to all affected by cancer!

2nd rave- A new Belgian waffle place opened a few blocks from our house. Sat outside and watched a rainbow over the valley. Heavenly!
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 03:48 PM

Two months to go for the USS Trathen DD530 reunion in San Diego. Will be seeing some former shipmates for the first time in fifty years.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

OO, that sounds so heavenly as does Birdie waking up in the mountains!
I will see Six Feet Under Tonight also, cannot wait!
Thanks for not telling what happened yet

Happy Monday, y'all
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:46 AM
blacktie

Truly hope many of you will tune in to Boston tonight, although the networks once again have decided to limit us to one hour. Thank goodness for PBS, 8-11! If anyone is having trouble deciding, recommend current New Yorker article on the Kerry approach to foreign policy. True, this wasn't travel related. Lash me, lol. Have a great day all!

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:56 AM

Well, I'm in the mountains and it rained last night which meant no satellite reception and TIVO didn't record "6 Feet under". Big wahhh!!!!

But the afternoon was glorious, boating on a mountain lake.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:56 AM

Ah. Another perfect (almost) Sunday. Slept late and then had rocky mountain french toast for breakfast. Mr. Bug and I squeezed into our biking gear and headed for the west side. We got to Chelsea Piers and then biked all along the Hudson River, up to and over the George Washington Bridge. Sunlight glistening on the water, the river park from downtown to uptown was filled with people. There was a festival, many picnics to catch a whiff of along the way, fishermen, and tons of pups having a ball. We came back over the bridge and continued north to the cloisters, stopping for some photo ops. On the way back downtown we stopped at the only lighthouse on the isle of Manhattan at Jeffrey's Point (under the bridge) and then had barbequed burgers at the place on the water at W. 68th. Continued down past Chelsea piers to Vestry St. to visit our friend at Buffalo Chips & see his new 12 week old chihuahua. Adorable. Sunday night we saw The Story of the Weeping Camel. I loved it, Mr. Bug was bored to death. Thus, the almost perfect weekend!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:07 AM

My Sunday (mondayAM) Raves:

Almost 2" of rain in Austin at the end of July. A record. Today's high 89. A cold front!

H cooked a wonderful dinner last PM - chicken, gorgonzola and And Brie sauce w/ fusilli. OMG!

Six days till Vegas...

VIVA LA LANCE!

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:17 AM

My sweetie is home from BC and we had a lovely weekend together. Even weeding the garden was a joy because we were doing it together.
We had dinner last night with my son and daughter-in-law, watching my year-old granddaughter chortling and giggling and playing and laughing. You could be in the worst mood (which we weren't) and if you spent five minutes with her, you'd be utterly charmed.
Got a fantastic e-mail from my daughter and son-in-law, keeping us up to date on their holiday in Thailand. It sounds glorious.
Life is pretty damn good.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:22 AM
bonniebroad

Monday a.m. RAVE: Walked 35 days, lost nine pounds!

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Oh no, blacktie, you aren't tempting us with politics, are you? Wish I knew of an equivalent forum for politics. You couldn't pay me to vote for xxxx/yyyy but I wonder how much that matters and how many/few of us would change our minds at this point. It appears that the decision will be left up to a relatively few independent voters in a few swing states.

I did go to a state political event this weekend and learned that in the past four elections in my state, state level decisions were made by x number of votes which equated to 10 VOTES PER PRECIENCT!!! That was amazing. So, I do hope that everyone gets out to vote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -