a good place to honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning my honeymoon for Oct. 5th - 12th. We had thought about Ambergris Caye, Belize, but have heard bad things about hurricane season AND rainy season. Are there any places down around the keys - or elsewhere in FL - that would offer great fishing, great food, quiet nights, activities during the day. We are outdoorsy people and don't want to go to a place that is built up, loud or commercialized. We are looking for a place that resemble beach huts for accommodations, but we are keeping open minds. Thanks!

Dave
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 08:58 AM

Hate to tell you this, but it will also be hurricane season/rainy season in Florida.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 08:58 AM

Check out www.keikibeach.com. We just got back from there and it's exactly what you're looking for. Huts on the beach, lots to do during the day and quiet nights on the North Shore of Oahu. Check it out.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 09:08 AM
GoTravel

Hurricane Season entire East Coast, Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, West Coast, and Hawaii.

Aruba is far enough south that they are out of the hurricane belt. It is a great place.

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 10:36 AM
gc

As others have said, it's a crapshot in the Carribean that time of year...how 'bout St Johns USVI?
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:10 PM

The US Virgin Islands are in that hurricane belt too. Aruba is not, so that may be a place to consider.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 03:58 PM

I haven't been for many years but Cabo San Lucas, Mexico is supposed to be a phenomenal fishing spot. It may have gotten built up by now.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 08:16 PM

I got married in September of 99 and the hurricane season was definitely a concern of mine as well.
I ended up going to Aruba, and had planned a 5 day extension to Florida, but I ended up flying home because both the Gulf and Atlantic Coast were expecting hurricanes.
Aruba is outside of the "hurricane" belt. There are 2 more islands also outside of this belt: Bonaire (supposedly less developed than Aruba, and I have heard it is absolutely beautiful) and Curacao. There are lots of activities on Aruba (deep sea fishing, horseback riding, snorkelling, or scuba diving) lots of great restaurants, and some night life if you desire for a night or two.
Happy planning.