Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

A Day at Zion and Bryce Canyon: Is It Worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Priscilla

I have been thinkig of traveling to Zion and Bryce Canyon while on my vacation. To do so, I will have to travel close to two hundred miles out of my way and will have just one day to split between the two parks. Is it worth it to go this far out of my way for this short of a time to spend there?

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Sally

I would not try to see both parks in one day. But if you enjoying hiking and unbelievable scenery, it would definately be worth the trip. Both parks are amazing.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:55 AM
ALF

It is definitely worth it to go 200 miles out of your way to visit these places. You may just want to make a choice and only see one though. Bryce can be done more quickly, in the sense that it is a matter of going to a few overlooks, as opposed to traveling though the Park. To appreciate Zion, you need to drive through the Park, and stop at several places. For my money, I like Zion better, but plenty of others feel the other way 'round.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 09:05 AM
karen

For what it's worth, I was more impressed with both Zion and Bryce than the Grand Canyon. The sandstone columns and towers and natural bridges were just awe inspiring. Definitely worth the trip.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 09:22 AM
suzanne

YES- it IS worth it. Just to see places that you will definitely want to come back and visit, when you have more time. You may not want to go to BOTH in one day though...that's a lot of driving. If you're going in the summer, I'd suggest Bryce (it can be cloudy/snowy the rest of the year), and if you're going any other time of year, I'd suggest Zion (too hot & crowded in summer).