Search

A Christmas trip to Naples

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Christmas trip to Naples

Hi,

I live in Scotland, UK and I'm planning a festive trip to Naples and Key West. My husband and I are in Key West the week prior to Christmas and in Naples for the Christmas week. I haven't booked the trip in full yet as I need to know if there are any places to eat open on Christmas and Boxing Day in Naples - does anyone out there have a difinitive answer and / or any recommendations - other than I'll have to book in advance to ensure we get a great place and a table! I've looked on a few forums but there's no clear answer. I'm hoping that someone local in Naples can let me know? We're both in our 30's and enjoy eating and drinking out. Alternatively if you've travelled there recently over Christmas you could let me know your experiences - good or bad?!!

If we can't get somewhere to eat in, then being from a cold country and looking to have a warm Christmas day for a change, I'm thinking a picnic on the beach would be perfect....a huge departure to what we're used to but then hey that's the whole point of coming to Florida! Any recommendations for a good deli so we can stock up with goodies would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

K
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM

There are lots of restuarants open on Christmas day. You shouldn't have any problems at all finding a place, although reservations will be necessary. You can go from very fine dining at the Ritz Carlton, to more casual places like the Jolly Cricket. The Naples Daily News will start having advertisements of all the places open on Christmas a few weeks before. You should be able to access it on naplesnews.com.

Hopefully, the weather will be warm. We can have anything from 50's to 80's in late December.
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 06:03 PM

Boxing Day is not a holiday in this country. Everything that would normally be open on Monday will be open that day.

The Naples area has wide spectrum of great places to eat.

The only Christmas Day I spent there, we ate at a friend's home.
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Hi mollmatt, thanks for your tip to look at naplesnews.com - great advice. Thanks again, I'm off to look at the site now!
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Hi Keith, I wasn't aware that Boxing Day wasn't a holiday, this is great news for us! Thanks for your reply.
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:52 AM

To answer your question about a good deli, try Wynn's Market on #41 and 1st Ave N. It's just a few blocks from the beach and they have everything you would need.

Some of our favorite restaurants in Naples are: Bleu Provence, Bistro 821, Pazzo's, Trulucks all of which are downtown. You will definitely need reservations during Christmas week.
Old Sep 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Hi Royal, thanks for the tips, we'll be sure to visit them.