Reload this Page >

4Seasons vs. Renaissance

Search

4Seasons vs. Renaissance

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 1999, 04:23 AM
Lily

4Seasons vs. Renaissance

Planning a trip to Maui this fall. I've looked into the two above hotels and can't seem to decide. I've read some previous posts regarding this issue, and it seems that if money is a factor, the Renaissance is the wiser choice. We don't mind spending the extra money, but only if it is really worth it. Any thoughts on this topic?

Old May 12th, 1999, 06:34 AM
Allison

We just got back from Maui & stayed 4 nights at the Renaissance & 1 night at the Grand Wailea. They were both great. At the Renaissanace, we stayed in the Mokapu Beach Club, which is the way to go. It is a separate unit of 26 rooms about 20 yards from the beach. The Mokapu guests have their own small pool, separate longe chair/cabana area & own attendant/concierge. The service, the room & the view are great. Also, if money is not an object the Grand Wailea is fantastic. the rooms are beautiful & the pool is beyond incredible.

Old May 12th, 1999, 07:00 AM
Lily

Hi Allison! If you don't mind me asking, what were the rates at the Mokapu Beach Club? What did you think of the rest of the property? Also, did you have a chance to see the 4 Seasons? Thanks for your help!

Lily

Old May 12th, 1999, 06:29 PM
annemarie

If money is not a concern, the Four Seasons would be my choice. We stayed next door at the Kea Lani but checked out all of the adjoining properties, and liked the Four Seasons the best. It is a definite step above the Renaissance, if not more than a step above. I have known at least 4 couples that have stayed here and have come home raving about their service. They can't do enough to please you and you need to know that many things are included in their rates that would not be included elsewhere. Annemarie

Old May 13th, 1999, 06:53 AM
Allison

Lily: We got a very good rate for Mokapu Beach Club: $249 a night which included continental bfast delivered to your room & a buffet bfast at restaurant as well! The hotel property is beautiful and the service is great, but it is not as grand as the 4 seasons or Grand Wailea. Though, I don't think you can get an ocean front room and the other amenities for a similar rate at the other properties. Also, at the Grand Wailea a cabana by the pool (for shade) is very expensive $40-60 per day. Mokapu beach club it is included.

Old May 26th, 1999, 08:38 AM
Roger

Wife and I just got back from Maui where we stayed for 5 nites at the Renaissance. It is not as big as the adjacent hotels (4 Seasons, Kei Lani, Grand Wailea) but I would not hesitate to go back again. Rooms are beautiful, location is excellent, food is great and everything is kept up. Got a nonocean view room for $179/nite + tax. That included a full breakfast buffet for two (worth $40 per couple). For the money - it can't be beat.