4 Nights In San Diego,...Hotel Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family will be driving from LA for 4 nights in San Diego-- end of April. Will be doing the usual Sea World, Zoo, Padres game, beach. Need suggestions for hotel for 4, great pool and parking a must. A coastal spot with view would be nice, just not sure of all the different areas. Any opinions on The Dana on Mission Bay? Your favorite?
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM

If you want to stay on Mission Bay (no coastal meaning ocean?? view) then Dana is fine, so is Paradise Point etc on Mission Bay.

I like Hilton Mission Bay. Nice grounds with lots of grass and flowers and back side on the Bay with views of the Bay and you may have some Hilton points to use..easy access to all locations.

If you want to be on the coast/ocean beach then Hotel Del in Coranado or Tower 23 in PAcific Beach or LA jolla Shore La Jolla
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM

If you stay at the Del, you may not want to eat there. According to today's SD paper:
"The Hotel del Coronado had the worst record among establishments that house a high-end Zagat restaurant. The hotel has two restaurants, banquet facilities, bars and other eateries. Many struggled in health inspections."

Besides that, the food there is over rated. I've had the breakfast buffet- much of the food seemed to be from mixes.

The last time we went was with a group of friends on a cold night. Most of us ordered hot choc, it was from a mix, and a really cheap one at that.

I've never stayed at the Hilton Mission Bay ( I live here) but it does have some nice grounds. Where would a traveler eat around there?

Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM

We stayed at the Hilton SD resort in December and loved it. We had a car so we drove everywhere and barely spent any time at the hotel.
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM

Check out the Marriott San Diego Marina. Great pool area - great walking location for the ball park, Seaport Village and downtown. They also had very nice rooms. Not fancy - but very comfortable. I paid a little extra for the water view and it was well worth it. We really enjoyed our stay - and watching the sail boats and ships come and go from our room.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I was going to try Priceline for Mission Valley area, looks like it includes Hilton, Hyatt, and Paradise Point. Coastal would include La Jolla area. Any opinions welcome.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

....I meant Mission Bay.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 06:13 AM

have you looked at the Bahia or Catamaran resorts. both on mission bay and nice resorts. Hilton is nice although it's along the frontage road of 5 freeway, but it does have a nice pathway behind it along the bay for walking, biking, rollerblading.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

After 2 attempts with Priceline, I got the Hilton for $100/night.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM

We (a family of 5) always stay at the Embassy Suites in SD. Two rooms, two TV's and free breakfast help reduce the conflicts.