Reload this Page >

4 days in Seattle - itinerary?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Clif

We are flying into Seattle on a Thursday morning in May and out at noon on Monday. Any suggestions for things to do/see in Seattle and the surrounding area? We'd like to spend some time in Seattle and also along the coast if possible. Thanks!

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:14 AM
John

What do you like, city, mountains, islands, rocky shore...? It's all here. You could easily spend all 4 nights in the city and take day trips to all of the above. Let us know your preferences and we can be more helpful.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:41 AM
xxx

Go see the waterfalls at Snoqualmie Falls - east of Seattle - around 30 miles. Plan one day to drive up to Anacortes and take the ferry over to the San Juan Islands for a day. Spend the other two days roaming around Seattle. I also really like the Kirkland area along Lake Washington. You could stop there for dinner on your way back from the waterfalls.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Eileen

I just returned last night from a first time visit to Seattle and was there for 4 days. Here are the things we did in our 4 days, so maybe this will help you plan - feel free to ask me any questions!

Day 1
Went out for coffee and a walk on Lake Washington(we stayed at The Woodmark on Lake Washington in Kirkland) in the morning, then headed to Pike's Place Market around 11am - walked through the market for awhile and then had "lunch" by stopping at various stands in the market for everything from smoked salmon to grilled halibut and chowder. After lunch, walked to Pioneer Square stopping in some shops along the way.
Had dinner at Ray's Boathouse - terrific King Salmon fillet!

DAY 2
Got up and drove out to Snoqualmie Falls, which was about a 40 minute drive outside of Seattle. In the afternoon, went to the Seattle Aquarium for a few hours, which was great since it had a large section devoted to the Pacific Northwest marine life. Then, went for a walk along the waterfront, ending up near Pike's Place Market. Had dinner at Etta's Seafood, at the end of Pike Place - outstanding!

DAY 3
Parked the car near the market and hopped on the monorail to the Space Needle. Went up to the top and enjoyed a terrific view of Seattle. Then, went to the Experience Music Project, a "museum" just next to the Needle. I would suggest reading up on this before deciding to go - it is not for everyone, but I liked it. You get a digital pack to carry with you, which allows you to point it at certain exhibits and listen to the history of that particular thing - like Jimi Hendrix. Also, the Northwest Music section was terrific. Took the monorail back to the market, stopped in for a few microbrews at the Pike Place Brewery (on 1st Ave.) then headed back to the hotel. Had dinner at the Yarrow Bay Grill near The Woodmark.

DAY 4
Got up early and drove down to Pier 50 and took the ferry to Bainbridge Island (35 minute ferry ride, was $12.50 for car and the two of us). Explored Bainbridge area and then drove on to Poulsbo, a cute town with Scandinavian heritage right on Liberty Bay. Gorgeous water views! Stopped in a few of the local bakeries to sample some Scandinavian pastries and then continued driving to Port Townsend - which was about 35 minutes from Poulsbo. Port Townsend has beautiful views and coastline - we hiked a bit out by the lighthouse and Coast Guard station. Then, return to the town for a bite to eat at lunch. Lots of interesting little shops and cafes. We then drove back to Bainbridge - took about an hour. Caught the ferry back to Seattle and made one last stop for a bite to eat before heading to the airport that evening.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 02:27 PM
jane

While you are thinking about your trip, go to this link. Clicking on the photo's title will bring up a larger version.

http://www.king5.com/weather/weather...rpixindex.html