Search

4 Days in Savannah

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Holly Bean

4 Days in Savannah

We will be in savannah for 4 days. We are staying on West Jones Street so want to know if that is centrally located enough so we wouldn't need a car. Does anyone know what the cab fare would be from the airport?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 02:39 PM
OliveOyl

It's perfect. Other than for touring areas like Ft Pulaski, Bonaventure Cemetery, or Tybee Island, you really have no need for a car, and they can be a real hassle, as metermaids in Savannah are akin to piranha and seem to sense when a meter has run over any place in the historic district.

Sorry, someone else hopefully can help with cab fare from the airport. We lived there so always had the car for that purpose.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:28 PM
RB

According to Fodor miniguide:
Taxi fare from the airport to downtown is $18 for one person, $5 for each additional person.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Gretchen

Four days in Savannah might be a lot unless you are there with a wedding, party, friends, etc. Just a thought.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:44 PM
jt

Never a taxi, take a shuttle van...
www.savannahairport.com/groundtransport.php

The whole historic district is in walking range, but you may want to take a tourist trolley ride for an outlying excursion.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:56 AM
xxxx

For four days I would suggest bringing someone along with you. How about a family member? Spending the weekend with daughter and son-in-law would be so much fun. There is so much to see and do - it would make your trip much more exciting and enjoyable. Take them to one of the most expensive restaurants and wine and dine them. Pay for their drinks and take them out to lunch. It wouldn't hurt to pay for any sightseeing tours either. The four of you will have so much fun. Make sure to have a bottle of wine and cheese and crackers sent to their room before they get there. I'm sure it will be a great way to spend some quality time with your family while seeing the sights and dining in great places.
Just my opinion....
What a great Inn you chose to stay at!
- perfect location and very quaint! How did you find it?
Have Fun!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:52 AM
OliveOyl

Was something deleted here? The last post doesn't seem to follow along with anything said previously--number of people, name of B&B? No one mentioned a B&B--I was assuming "Jones on Jones", is that it? There sure has been some odd censorship on the board recently. Was this thread one of their victims?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:59 PM
x

Same thought here, Olive. Also agree that four days could be a bit overlong for Savannah.