Reload this Page >

4 days at Kahala/Oahu?

Search

4 days at Kahala/Oahu?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:34 AM
xxxx

4 days at Kahala/Oahu?

I'm trying to decide whether or not we're going to take advantage of a promotion at the Kahala for 4th night free. Is there enough to do in Oahu to justify 4 nights? Is the Kahala a good parking spot for 4 nights? We'll be on the big island for 6 nights after Oahu...

xxx

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Rick

What an ABSURD question!! Do a "text search" for Oahu and you'll find that there is PLENTY to do -- 4 days doesn't even scratch the surface!!!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:34 PM
Bellis

Thanks for the comments...caught a show this weekend on the travel channel specifically on Oahu and it looks like there is life beyond Honolulu/Waikiki area.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Lots-to-do

Just returned from the Kahala Mandarin. It is a slice of gracious heaven. We stayed 5 days and believe me there is plenty to do. Here are some of the numerous suggestions:

- Diamond Head Park - walk to the top for the view.
- Waimea Falls State Park - gourgeous
- Drive around the Island - North to East coast, then down and back.
- Swim with the fish at Haunama (sp.) Bay.
- Dole Pineapple Plantation (biggest maze on Earth)
- People watching in Waikiki is awesome
- Walk the famous Waikiki beach
- Lauau at the Royal Hawaiian
- Visit the Polynesian Cultural Center
- Street performers in Waikiki are great!
- Stroll "the strip" (Kalakaua) at night in Waikiki
- Drinks at the Mai Tai Bar
- Dinner at Duke's Canoe Club
- Sunset Cruise or dinner crise
- Shoppping!!! galore
- Discover numerous restaurants i.e. Roy's, Nick's, etc.
- Take in a sunset on the beach
- I'm worn out, just go and have fun!!!!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:48 PM
xxx

I would challenge anyone to find a nicer hotel in the world then the Kahala Mandarin Oriental in Oahu. I have been going there since it was the Kahala Hilton. Stay there as many days as possible. It will be the experience of a lifetime and you will kiss the grounds there if you ever get the chance to return

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 01:32 AM
Steve

Oh really?!? Hmmmm . . . the Four Seasons, Kea Lani and Ritz Carlton on Maui, the Hyatt Regency Kauai, the Four Seasons Big Island, even the Ritz-Carltons in Naples, Florida and Laguna Niguel, California come to mind!!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Robert

The Hyatt Regency on Kauai is teaming with kids in school break season. I have visited several times only for location. It is ok but it certainly did not sweep me off my fee the way the Kahala Mandarin does. I would take the Marriott any day over those crowds. IMHO a luxary hotel would not have so little space for guests when at full capacity. The pool at the Princeville is never as crowded as Hyatt in Poipu. You are never searching for a beach chair even in August.

Also Kahala Mandarin has more metropolitan entertainment, we use to go for Jazz. Never ever have a sense of crowds the way you do at the Hyatt.