3 perfect (?) days in Disneyworld

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Family (kids ages 8 and 6) are going to Disneyworld next month. I need some input regarding what to do and see. Here is our tentative itinerary. We are getting the dining plan so the 3 meals at the theme parks are set.

We are arriving late at night and taking Magical Express to our room at All Star Sport Resort.

Day 1
AM: Animal Kingdom
(I heard the Flame Tree for an early lunch is good)
A break back at the hotel around 2pm.
PM: "Dinner" at the Coral Reef at 4pm, enjoy Epcot (suggestions?) and go back to the hotel after IllumiNations.

Day 2: Blizzard Beach in the morning - is 3 hours enough? Hopefully a break back at the hotel.
"Dinner" at 350pm at Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios - then enjoy the attractions (suggestions?) and stay for the 830pm Fantasmic show or head over to Magic Kingdom to see Wishes at 10pm (only night it is showing)?

Day 3 - All day at Magic Kingdom. What's the best? My son loves Swiss family Robinson so we will definitely check out the tree house. Lunch at 1pm at the Crystal Palace. Try to survive until the 3pm Dreams Come True Parade.

I'm thinking a big breakfast and then the early dinners. I'll pack lots of granola bars and water bottles.

How long does it take to get from the resort to a park? Or vice versa? Or from one park to another?

Any other tips?

thanks!
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM

Mousesavers.com has lots of good ideas.

The only suggestion I can make - by having set reservations for meal; you might run into trouble if lines are long and you are in the middle of something else. I would hate to commit to a specific time and place if I had kids. I would rather be a bit more flexible.

Deb
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM

If you're interested in the safari ride at AK, go early - the animals are more active then and you'll see more of them.

As for MK, the new Monster Inc Laugh Floor is funny, Buzz Lightyear is great, and if your children are interested in the characters, be prepared to spend some time visiting them.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Check out disboards.com. Lots of information, and you can post there too.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Here's a recent thread which had some great ideas:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=35112525

And I agree that disboards and allearsnet.com are extremely helpful Disney sites - those folks eat, breathe, and sleep Disney!

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Got some advice on-line and a few good books (unofficial guide and disney with kids) and had a perfect 3 days in Disney:
Day 1: Animal Kingdom from opening until 1pm. Epcot from 3 to closing.
Day 2: Hollywood from opening until 5pm. Magic Kingdom from 730pm to closing at 11pm.
Day 3: Magic Kindgdom from opening until 230pm. Typhoon Lagoon from 3 to 5pm.

Tips:
We drove our rental car the first two mornings but took the buses in the afternoon/evening.

We got to the parks at opening each day and were able to get in a lot of rides and uses the fast passes.

We did the rides during the evening shows at Epcot and Magic Kingdom...I'm sad we missed the majority of the parades/fireworks but the lines were shorter.

We partcipated in the Disney Dining Plan - well worth it if you make reservations in advance at fun restaurants. We did Coral Reef (sat by the aquarium), the 50's Prime time diner (very entertaining) and Crystal Palace (great buffet and met the characters).

We stayed at All Star Sports (small room but quiet).

We brought little boxes of cereal from home so just bought milk in the morning and filled up our refillable mugs with coffee.

We shared one adult and one kid counter service meal each day around 11 and then had our table service meal at 4pm. Then we shared another adult/kid meal later in the evening.

Let me know if you have questions!

Old May 1st, 2008, 07:31 AM

Having been to Disney when our daughter was 5 and again when she was 8, I would suggest spending one day at Magic Kingdom, one day at Epcot, then splitting a day between Animal Kingdom (morning) and Hollywood Studios (afternoon). MK and Epcot were by far our daughter's favorites. At Animal Kingdom, be sure to see the Lion King and Nemo performances - they are fabulous. At Magic Kingdom, don't miss Buzz Lightyear, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor and Peter Pan (I know I'm missing some!) At Epcot, we loved the world showcase (buy your kids a "passport" and let them get them stamped in each "country".) We also loved Soarin' over California, the nemo ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. At Hollywood, we enjoyed the Raiders of the Lost Ark performance and the cartoon drawing class.

I think I have a more detailed list of our Disney adventures posted somewhere on Fodors - you might search my name - it was a response to a post titled "I think we are headed to Disney . . . Yikes!" I don't know how to insert a link - sorry!