3-days in Orlando

Old May 1st, 2001, 12:40 PM
David

3-days in Orlando

A friend and I are going to Orlando for 3-days on the way to visit someone in Ft. Lauderdale. We're staying at the Sheraton Safari Hotel just outside of Disney world. Has anyone been to this hotel and if so, how was it? Also, we haven't been to Disney in about 8 years, so let me know what we MUST do while we're there...rides, parks, nightlife? We're both 24...

Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:47 AM
Penny

David,

I don't know the hotel, but you might find some info at wdwinfo.com or wdwig.com.

I believe the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is new since you've been there--and the Rock'n'Roller coaster is certainly new. If you like thrill rides, try those. They're both at Disney MGM.

Animal Kingdom is new, and you might enjoy that as well. There's a good water ride there that will be sure to soak you. The African and Asian parts of the park are pretty evocative, though that seems sort of a strong word to use about Disney somehow.

Go to Pleasure Island at night, if only to visit the Comedy Warehouse, which does improv comedy. (We were very disappointed by the Adventurers Club, but perhaps they've improved in the past year.) I laughed till I cried and could barely sit up.

Hope this helps.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:26 PM
kathy

Pleasure Island is a must- and not just for the comedy shows. They have they best bars!! Pay one cover and go to about 8 different bars. I highly recommend 8-Tracks (an 80's bar). Need more info, e-mail me.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 02:43 AM
Larry

I agree with Kathy (except 8-Trax is a 70's bar).

Old May 3rd, 2001, 09:56 AM
luiz

Hey guys, go to www.theorlandowebsite.com
Once there go straith to Orlando Info and check out the portion about night life here in O town. It is pretty cool!!!!
LUiz

Old May 3rd, 2001, 10:08 AM
april

I stayed at the Sheraton Safari two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms come with many of the comforts of home (hair dryer, ironing board, etc.)and they are clean. The pool area is very nice. I would definitely stay there again.