Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

3 days in Miami Beach/Bel Harbor, what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 06:17 AM
JOE

I'll be in Miami Beach/Bel Harbor for 3 days next week? Please suggest some places to eat or visit. Thanks.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Bill

Bal Harbor is great. If you are staying at the Sheraton I highly recommend the hamburgers at the outdoor poolside restaurant. My friends and I agree that they alone are worth the trip to Miami. There is a restaurant called Michaels nearby also. Check with your hotel concierge about getting resevations. Things to do? Check out South Beach, day or night, for the terrific art deco architecture or the nightlife and people watching. For a more touristy thing go to Bayside Miami or hang out in Coconut Grove....or just relax poolside!

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 11:22 AM
JOE

Thanks! I'll be staying at Beach House Bal Harbor. How is the bus system there?

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Bill

Sorry Joe I never utilized the public transportation. Always rented cars. I did see public transportation running though. Can't help you as to whether it was a city of Miami bus line or a city of Miami Beach line. Have a great trip!

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Carol

As I sit here at my trusty computer typing away from Sunny? (it has rained for almost three days non stop). I have to recommend Joe's Stone Crab House in Miami. We ate there on Thursday night and they have without a doubt the best Stone Crabs I have ever eaten. They do not take reservations, so we left the Miami Boat Show at 4:30 put our names in and by the time they opened at 5 we were seated. Yes, it was a long evening, but it was well worth the early bird thing. We were told that on a regular night they serve over 1500 people. Try it, you will love it. (that is if your into crab)

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Bill

Carol!! OhmiGod, how could I have forgotten about Joe's? Thank you for recommending it to JOE. JOE will love Joe's Stone Crab. I enjoyed the fried lobster at Joe's. JOE, if you read this, head to Joe's ASAP!!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:05 AM
cat

must go to joe's crabhouse

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:02 PM
LC

Joe tourist destinations in Miami are far apart from each other so I would recommend to rent a car, preferably a convertible and don't forget to go to Shula's Cafe, they have the best steak in the entire state.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 03:43 PM
hess

Drive to Key Biscayne.
Just beautiful there.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:33 AM
harry

coconut grove is nice
just don't get lost

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 03:53 PM
ttt

yo mtv

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:12 AM