Reload this Page >

25 th anniversary in Hawaii

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 12:32 PM
Deb

We have two weeks to spend in Hawaii. We're leaning toward Maui + Kuai with a short stop to the big Island to see the volcano. Bed and Breakfast sound good to me or maybe a little place near the beach. Resort living dosen't appeal to us as much although resturants and some night life ought not to be missed I'm sure. Can you help with ideas and suggestions? We need to firm up plans now for Feb. Any listings somewhere for the kinds of things we're looking for? Should we concider other islands? What are "must sees" and "must dos"? HELP! We don't want to blow this.

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 05:01 PM
L. Montgomery

If you have not made firm plans yet, I would consider dividing my time between Kaui and The Big Island (Hawaii).Maui is not quite as busy and crowded as Oahu but is comming close.

Kaui is an Island where you could spend time in two different places...the Princeville, Hanalie (sp?) area and then the other side of the Island Poupi which is very sunny and is a bit more populated.

Princeville area has so many wonderful sights, waterfalls, trails leading to hidden beaches, wet & dry caves, etc.etc. I don't know about B & B's there but they do have condo's and many interesting places to stay that do not fall into the Lux.Resort catagory but are fun, romantic and Interesting.

I would choose The Big Island as the other Island to visit. The Volcano area and Volcano National Park are unforgetable, when I was there in Aug. Volcano was again alive.

There is a wonderful B&B there called the Kilauea Lodge.

You could spend a couple of days there and then go down to the beach where it is sunny and spend a few days there.

If you need more information on places to stay on these Islands E-Mail me and I will find out some of the places you might enjoy.

Have a wonderful Anniversary.

You are correct to make reservations now, Feb. is a very busy month in Hawaii, be sure and get auto now too as they are booked early for Feb. also.

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 05:09 PM
Lou Dameson

Fodors published a book on B&B's in Hawaii complete with good descriptions and photos. I hope it was Fodors that put this out. Anyway, if it is still available, we used it on one trip with outstanding results. We had only one advance reservation in the Diamond Head area for a place to stay when we arrived. From that point we winged it. By the way for an unusal place to go try Lanai and stay at the old hotel at around $99 a night.

Old Sep 20th, 1997, 03:24 PM
Kathy Desmond

Kauai is beautiful. We've been 3 times and spent 2
weeks in the poipu area last time. Make sure you
rent the kayaks and go up the river,then hike into
to the waterfall. You can also tie up to the fern
grotto and go on a self-guided tour. No crowds.
Also would highly recommend Captain Andys Napili
Coast tour. Great food, Great view , great snorkeling, dolphins, turtles, sharks./ Maui is very
nice. Wonderful beaches for swimming and snorkeling. We prefer the Lahiana area. Not as congested as the south end of the island. We haven't
been to the big island yet as our kids don't like traveling in the car--I've always been afraid the
sights would be to far away from each other. We've
been to Hawaii 6 times and have always stayed in
Condos. It feels like you live there. I would highly
recommend the travel experts we went through last
time we went to Hawaii. Five of us, from San Francisco spent 2 weeks in a beautiful 2 bedroom condo in Kauai including airfare and a van for $3800. If interested E-mail me. Would love to help or answer any specific questions if I can.

Old Oct 15th, 1997, 08:53 PM
Beckie & Chris

We are spending our 25th anniversary in Hawaii in February. Would be interested in any other options of things to do, see and restaurants on Kauai and Maui. We appreciate the info we have already received from others who have been there. Thanks!