Hi Fodors Forumites!
My partner and I have recently purchased a 17ft campervan and are planning a 24 day trip around the South. We live in Montreal, Canada and we're in our early 30's. We like good food, music, culture and hiking/visiting National Parks.
Here is our itinerary so far. We still have a few days to play with and are looking for suggestions. We know there is a lot of driving and we're OK with that!
Charleston and Savannah are not on this list - we'll be doing that trip later on in the year.
Day 1: Montreal - Louisville
Day 2: Louisville - Nashville (taking in some towns along the Bourbon trail)
Day 3 - 4: Nashville
Day 5: Nashville - Memphis
Day 6 - 7: Memphis
Day 8: Memphis - Clarksdale
Day 9: Clarksdale - Natchez
Day 10: Natchez - New Orleans
Day 11 - 14: New Orleans
Day 15: New Orleans - Great Smoky National Park
Day 16 - 17: GSNP
Day 18: GSNP - Asheville
Day 19 - 20: Asheville
And we still have 4 days to play with.
We know we will miss the Kentucky Derby and the NO Jazz Fest but we have to be at work in May.
Where would you add extra days? Is there anything else we must see along the route?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Concept Open Source – Web developmen & Mobile development
- 2 Le reviva cream :
- 3 Buy Ovidac 5000 iu
- 4 Italian Provisions
- 5 Renux Garcinia Cambogia
- 6 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 7 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 8 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 9 New York in 5 days
- 10 RV Grand Canyon
- 11 girls trip / oregon
- 12 Newport Beach restaurants
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 Expedia
- 15 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 16 10 day California Trip in July
- 17 I need help
- 18 Vacations in New Orleans
- 19 4 days in Miami
- 20 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 21 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 22 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 23 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 24 Las Vegas TR
- 25 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
Hi Fodors Forumites!