20th Anniversary - NYC

Old Sep 19th, 1998, 12:32 PM
MIke

20th Anniversary - NYC

20th Anniversary in June '99. Looking for a recommendation for an intimate/romatic Hotel and Restaurants. Preferably convenient to the theater district. thanks

Old Sep 19th, 1998, 04:27 PM
Karen

We were in NYC in April for our 60th b-days and looked at twelve hotels that we had heard about...The Warwick was our favorite as far as a very nice looking lobby and beautiful restaurant and bar...good looking clientele. It is within easy walking distance of the theatre district. Also, Waldorf Astoria had a gorgeous lobby(good for people watching) and nice restaurant, although quite pricey and I have heard, smallish rooms.

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 04:47 PM
Allyson

Mike,
I have several great restaurant suggestions that are perfect for celebrating a romantic occasion. My favorites include: Sonia Rose, Grammercy Tavern, Two Two Two, Montrachet, Chez Michallet, Erminia,& Alison on Dominick. Since June is usually a perfect month for dining outside, the gardens at Verbena, Provence, and Aureole are all wonderful. Check out Zagat's if possible and also DineNet Menus Online. They have a pretty comprehnsive listing.

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 05:31 AM
Jill

You may want to check on the Shoreham Hotel (I believe on 55th St.). Cozy rooms, great service - nice little continental breakfast in the morning. For restaurants, try Becco on Restaurant Row, and ask for a table in the back room. Go downtown one night to Little Italy, and find a restaurant on Mulberry St. that suits your taste - most offer outdoor seating in the summer. Definitely check Zagat's New York for restaurant recommendations - everything is categorized, and there may even be a "romantic" heading. Have fun, and happy anniversary!

Old Oct 15th, 1998, 04:09 PM
Jo Carol

Restaurant, try Sign of the Dove on 65th. St. & Third Avenue. Pricy, but very, very, nice. Enjoy! Congratulations on your anniversary, we celebrated our 15th. today.

Old Oct 18th, 1998, 03:35 PM
steve

For an intimate, romantic expensive hotel you might check either the Box Tree or the Inn at Irving Place. The Shorham is a good choice for something not quite so expensive. As for restaurants try Aquavit on 54th- it is a wonderful Scandinvian restaurant in the old townhome of John D Rockefeller-ask to be seated in the fountain. Also Firebird on 46th is a good choice- it is a lovely Russian restaurant close to the theatres.

Old Oct 18th, 1998, 03:39 PM
steve

I meant to say"fountain room" in the above post- I don't think sitting in the fountain would be too romantic--or maybe it would.