Search

2 weeks in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 09:11 PM
scott

2 weeks in Hawaii

My wife and I have 2 weeks to spend in the Hawaiian Islands in October 99. Where should we stay and what should we do. Looking into Maui and Kauai right now.

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 08:09 AM
Liz

We are going last week Sept/1st week October. Spending 3 nights Hyatt Kauai, 5 nights Princeville Kauai, 7 nights 4 Seasons Maui and 2 nights Oahu at the Kahala. Can't wait- we've never been. I did a lot of research and these hotels seem just great.

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 08:10 AM
Liz

We are going last week Sept/1st week October. Spending 3 nights Hyatt Kauai, 5 nights Princeville Kauai, 7 nights 4 Seasons Maui and 2 nights Oahu at the Kahala. Can't wait- we've never been. I did a lot of research and these hotels seem just great.

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 09:29 PM
Kathy

Helicopter tour on Kauai!! My husband and I both loved it! The helicopter will fly you over and around areas that are very difficult to get to otherwise and the scenery is breathtaking.

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 10:32 PM
Karen

On Maui -- Golden Bamboo Ranch on the North Side (near Haiku) is a beautiful well-priced bed & breakfast. A bit of a drive from all the excitement and snorkeling of the South shore, but a beautiful retreat. It is at the beginning of the "road to Hana" -- a breathtaking drive and all-day adventure. Check out the windsurfers at Hookipa Beach -- you'll see some incredible stunts. Also try Tedeschi Winery (not sure of spelling, but only winery there). They sell pineapple wine and it's actually quite good! Snorkeling is great on Maui. Hike Haleakala.

On Kauai -- the snorkeling is not as good as Maui, but there are some beautiful beaches there. Anini Beach is one of them. Hanalei is gorgeous and like a little paradise. Do a boat trip up or down Napali Coast -- gorgeous scenery you can't see otherwise except by helicopter. Do helicopter if you're brave (unlike chicken-hearted me!). Kaui Movie Tour -- cheesy and corny but lots of fun -- you get to see where all sorts of movies were filmed on Kauai and they even show you clips from those movies in the van right before you see the site. "Chris the Fun Lady" is great at hooking you up with stuff to do. Her office, I believe is in Kapaa.

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 10:11 AM
lynn

Scott -

If you get to Oahu, don't miss Hanauma Bay (sp?). If memory serves, it's an old volcano half sunken into the ocean. They have snorkling through the coral and fish. It's remarkable. I still can't believe how blue and clear the water is. 5 shades of aqua within a 100 feet span!